Ludia Forums

Stuck on Error 10044

I went through this mess when I first downloaded the app, I’m assuming it fixed with the patch.
Yesterday I was able to play just fine, I got my event DNA max and closed it.
I try to open it today and it wont let me. I’ve tried all day and I’ve tried just about everything I can think of/find to fix it (every official support tip, uninstall/reinstall app, disconnecting phone, restarting phone, resetting router, etc.)

I contacted support but was sent a generic letter with unrelated links to fix problems i’m not having.

I hate that I am completely missing any chance to get DNA for today’s event (which is a rare dino) and i’m not sure why it is not working. (App is working fine for others that are using the same connections as myself)

Any help is appreciated.

Hey @Raptor-X not sure if this link will help but worth a shot…

https://youtu.be/OSr2gQ8BOpQ

Let us know if it fixes it?

@pugdaft Thank you for trying to help!
Unfortunately, I have already tried that and just tried it again, it still did nothing.

I’m unable to connect and play the game today as well

I can log in using my ipad. Not on my android phone.

It’s been rectified already thanks

It occurred to me a lot times and one thing that I found working is that clearing Google play services data will sometimes helps if there are issues with the Google account or removing account will also work.

It happened to me to. The way i found to fix it is to go to settings - apps - jurasic world alive - storage - clear data. Everything will get deleted, but the account itself will not.