Stygidaryx useless unique

I spent a great deal of time unlocking stygidaryx and I regret it. It lacks power and is useless as to most opponents have DOT resistant creatures. Why does stygidaryx not have defense shattering impact?!!! I truly believe darwezopteryx is much stronger in comparison.

2 Likes

Daryx is honestly a pretty decent unique. Not everything is about raw attack power. It’s tricky to use but it’s great for team support.

5 Likes

I think It would be relatively fine If they didn’t give DoT immunity to everything :roll_eyes:
Gemini, entelomoth, mammotherium, mammolania, they all could go without It and remain strong. Would help the meta a lot.

7 Likes

Monolorhino: allow me to introduce myself

3 Likes

@DadJokes explain to this man why Daryx is great

3 Likes

Lol Daryx unfortunately sucked even before immune meta. He needs an higher multiplier damage move

6 Likes

Lol ya @DadJokes explain to this mortal the ways of the stygidaryx

4 Likes

Erlidom and Indominus waste their cloak with Stigydaryx swap in invincibility. It’s no escape passive effect helps trap victims of DOT. Superiority strike into Lethal Swoop can be pretty damaging. It’s useless against immunes aside from its invincibility, so it’s good for spot use in the current immune meta. It’s easy to create and level up, with Hatzeg and Stygi gen2 DNA very much available, and Darwin not the worst epic to find.

1 Like

Stygidaryx is actually really good. You just need to know how to use it.

2 Likes

Stygidaryx is my favourite unique.

Mostly because it requires skill to use (I like dinosaurs that complicate the strategy of games).

In essence, if you think of Stygidaryx like a Thor, you will lose every time. Stygidaryx is all about tanking random damage throughout a match, screwing up swap-outs and bleeding out various dinos.

That said… there is too much immunity running around (and cleanse) so that does put Stygi at a disadvantage meta-wise. And yes, I kind of wish they would swap out Lethal Swoop for a Defense shattering move. Also, replace Superiority Strike with Shielding Strike (SS is kind of pointless on Stygidaryx as it often tanks damage even if it goes first (unless it swoops)).

2 Likes

Even after reading that article and the nerf to monolorhino, I still feel stigy is the worst unique in the game. With If you look at the top 5 creatures in the game last patch, they were either immune to bleed or could cleanse it. Then, the creatures in the tier below, were also not too susceptible to bleed. The only one who can’t rid itself of bleed is tryko. However, When you swoop, something is going to take a rampage unless you have a thalac or quetz waiting. It’s really only good against grypo and dio, which is good, but if that’s all you got, then that ain’t special.

1 Like

I just want to say I’m so proud of almost everyone in here.

Almost everyone.

7 Likes

For me it’s best used as a finisher… you have to know when to use the Mean Green Bird :rofl:

A little, but there is also the chance that it will receive a buff in a future update!

1 Like

You need an additional healthy creature in the end to use it as a “finisher”. It can’t kill anything by itself and needs to rely on the bleed swap into a thing which doesn’t die the next turn.

1 Like

If you know how to use her right she is a good finisher… brought in on a Dino with around half or less then half health coupled with her no escape works every time I use it that way to get the win

The thing is that in an immune meta a creature that relies on bleeds and invincibility is bound to be crap.
It’s cool that some defend it, and even say they like it. Everyone loves an underdog.
But for the majority of the players it really is crap.

2 Likes

love the model. she just can’t really do anything metta wise. she’d too fast to allow that no escape to kick in with a bleed. (lethal swoop having a delay also doesn’t help). just a combination of abilities that don’t really work cohesively on their own.

Mine needs some more health but it’s one of my favorite go-tos. Especially if I can line it up with grypolyth. It’s definitely situational but it doesn’t require speed boost. Or damage. It can absolutely win you some hard fought battles you SHOULD lose but you have this in the lineup. Sorry your aren’t good with it

3 Likes

I’ve said it several times before, and I still think Stygidaryx deserves shielded decelerating strike and 1400 damage. It currently has nothing from it’s Stygi G2 side except for the speed, so this would make a lot of sense. I personally don’t really want Defense shattering impact on it though, but it definitely needs a buff one way or another

2 Likes