Ludia Forums

Stygimoloch VIP Tournament 5/8 - 5/11

This weekend’s VIP tournament has been confirmed as a Stygimoloch tournament. Just like the previous one, the prize pack includes two Stygimoloch cards. The previous Stygimoloch tournament (11/18/19) required 1260 trophies.

Jurassic World_2020-05-05-08-08-09 Jurassic World_2020-05-05-08-08-01 Jurassic World_2020-05-05-08-08-35 Jurassic World_2020-05-05-08-08-31 Jurassic World_2020-05-05-08-08-12

7 Likes

Haha, right after I got a bunch from those 35k packs yesterday.
But seriously, those non-dino cards look more than decent.
Won’t mind a few more stygis in my lineup. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yeah… Already have a level 40 Stygimoloch, but that pack sure looks like a nice resource payday to me. I’m hoping for 10K DNA.

4 Likes

Wow, 2!

That is gold for a newer player like me.

2 Likes

I am wondering if the bug of the previous Stingy tournament, that gave to non VIP players the opportunity to take part, is still there…

1 Like

If it is, you may not want to mention it

4 Likes

A morning run…

2 Likes

Felt tougher than normal. :frowning:
Friday morning run: 330 @ #44 Dom top 435 bottom 195
Friday afternoon run 635 @ #1 Dom top 635 bottom 249 (good run!)
Friday night run 825 @ #1 Dom top 825 bottom 304
Saturday morning 1102 @ #1 Dom top 1102 bottom 360 (good run!)
Saturday afternoon 1296 @ #1 Dom top 1296 bottom 499
Saturday night 1564 @ #1 Dom top 1564 bottom 628
Sunday morning 1757 @ #2 Dom top 1766 Bottom 785
–took time off to grind PvP for 4x LP
Monday morning (short run) 1870 @ #72 Dom top 2829 bottom 1245

Rewards seemed subpar for this tourney.

2 Likes

My first run

1 Like

Well… It feels like it’s starting higher than normal, but it remains to be seen if it’ll be tougher as well in terms of how fast the pace will go.

Last week’s Aquatic Tournament also started higher but then moved at a normal pace.

1 Like

Seems on a normal pace. They usually start with the entrance to dominator around 200 points.

I’ve been getting some stupid easy battles. For example this one. I don’t think I even lost any health.

2 Likes

Alright, good run…

Anyone else getting decent rewards so far from this tournament?

I’ve gotten zero packs and mainly just food and coin. I did get one 500 DNA, but that’s the only thing to speak of as of yet.

2 Likes

I think I’ve picked up three or four mystery packs, maybe three dino buck prizes, of which one was 100, and pretty trivial DNA thus far.

4 Likes

2d22h left in tournament. Top (me) = 541, bottom=229. I got one 10db reward, 1 100 DNA and one VIP pack… otherwise coins and food.

3 Likes

Several Mystery Packs, a lot of DNA, and DBs

1 Like

On the first day. 6 mystery packs and about 2k DNA, not too bad.

2 Likes

A few evening matches…

2 Likes

Does anyone know how exactly the formula for these work? The opponent strength and composition appears to be fairly random, even at dominator. There are no over-leveled creatures like in the daily PvE events, and your opponent has a picture avatar, which would suggest you’re playing PvP. However, you always go first, your opponent never has creatures at level 10/20/30/40, and generally plays like an AI, although its behavior isn’t always exactly consistent. Does the game pick a real player with roughly equivalent ferocity to you, take a few of the creatures they actually own, and give them random levels? Am I looking at fake photos? If I knew the game’s “thinking” on this, it could help me with future tournaments. (Although I’m hoping this will be my first Dominator finish – currently 14th place, knock on wood.)

Tournaments and PVP battles are almost certainly versus the AI. Possibly real screennames/pictures, but probably fake creatures, since so many of them are not leveled to a multiple of 10. That said, to go along with the illusion of true PVP, you can’t have creature levels beyond 40. Every place, or range of places, on the tournament leaderboard is attached to a average ferocity score range to pull opponents.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, small bits of food and coin! Story of this tournament for me so far:

2 Likes