Ludia Forums

Stygimoloch VIP Tournament 5/8 - 5/11

Some data

2 Likes

Yeah, no doubt this one’s moving at a typical VIP-tournament pace. No doubt @Sionsith’s previous VIP Tournament data will offer be close predictions for this one.

Nice and manageable, just the way I like them.

1 Like

More data to contribute, I’m at 639 points:

The pace of the tournament is slow. Good luck everyone!

4 Likes

An early morning run and the tournament seems to be fairly manageable… image

3 Likes

This tourney’s scaled down somewhat. What I normally send is slightly too strong. But I’ll take it. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Previous 3 day, 4 hour VIP Jurassic tournaments:
Proceratosaurus (3/30/20) - 982
Wuerhosaurus (2/24/20) - 1021
Giant Orthocone (1/27/20) - 981
Stygimoloch (11/18/19) - 1260
Rhomaleosaurus (10/21/19) - 984

The Stygimoloch and Giant Orthocone tournaments were for 2 cards while the others were for single creatures.

5 Likes
2 Likes

My second day.

5 Likes

Final run before calling it a night…

3 Likes

Some data

2 Likes

Early morning run…

2 Likes

This is looking like it is tracking to where the last tournament for the Stygimoloch finished…

Should finish around 1,240-1,280. Good luck to everyone looking to capture the pair.

4 Likes

A Mother’s Day run…Happy Mother’s Day kids! I probably will not battle to stay number one, just cruise to the pack with the points I have…

2 Likes

That’s right, I keep trying this… in dominator… sometimes I get crushed.

Today, the T-Rex walks away victorious!

7 Likes

Afternoon data, I’m at 1416 trophies:

Good luck!

4 Likes

it appears as if the minimum trophies you’ll need to stay in dominator league is 1455, that number and the ai above hasn’t moved for hours, about 6 or 7, however the ones that are bellow it are still rising upwards. Just my theory because as anyone who’s played more than 1 tournament will probably realise, there is usually a few large difference of cups from the few top predators and the few bottom dominators

1 Like

I was hoping ~1300 would be enough to stay in Dominator - would be my first Dominator finish ever. However, I agree with ImElusiveYT. It looks like we’ll need over 1400. I bet the 50% cooldown discount is the difference between this event and Sionsith’s historical analysis. Very calculated move by Ludia to encourage more DB spending.

2 Likes

Did a few more battles tonight

I double checked the previous Stygimoloch VIP tournament data, and this tournament is tracking very similarly to the previous one. In that tournament, with 11 hours, 32 minutes to go the bottom of Dominator was sitting at 1114. On this tournament, with 13 hours, 34 minutes to go, the bottom of Dominator is at 1080 trophies. At the present, I’m not seeing much difference between the two.

As far at what drives the speed of a tournament, while no one knows for sure, I’m pretty sure participation is not the primary factor. There is an overwhelming trend of similar tournaments finishing at approximately the same trophy requirement. Most 3 day, 4 hour normal Jurassic tournaments require between 1240 and 1260 trophies. When you exclude first run tournaments and hybrids, this pattern tightens up even more. And then, one of the high outliers is Troodon, a creature that has probably had the most unlock opportunities during my game play of all the tournament creatures, not counting battle stage unlocks.

Edit: @Sionsith’s models have rarely been wrong.

3 Likes

Still on track… guessing 1,250-1,275 will be the bottom. Of course the brackets can range but this is what my data is showing… the red dashed line is if the tournament finishes on 1,250 which almost matches perfectly. The blue dashed line is 1,300 as a predicted finish but you can see it diverges from the path and would need an uptick in the tournament which has happened before but is very rare.

This one is with the blue dashes showing a 1,450 finish which is highly unlikely:

Good luck to everyone over the last 12 hours.

7 Likes