Suggestion for Equipment Packs

Hi. I am really enjoying the beta, but I just opened by first equipment pack at level 5 and accidentally picked the wrong hero pack.

I thought I was getting a warlock pack but I opened it and it was a wizard pack.

When you choose, the picture of the pack has the wizards name (who knows the characters names anyways?), but it has a strange picture with different armor than the wizard usually does and doesn’t mention the class at all, so I guessed that it was the warlock.

I would like to suggest you include the class name on the equipment packs to make it clear what gear you are getting so people don’t choose the wrong one like I did.

:slight_smile: Thanks.

Gerb, Really happy to hear you’re enjoying the BETA. I will pass on your concerns about opening packs to our development team. We love this kind of feedback!

A bit more feedback on the subject: After unlocking all the heroes, it doesn’t feel worthwhile to be leveling the low-level gear in order to unlock equipment packs. Yesterday I reached lv 8, and was hopeful that, since I’ve unlocked all the heroes, the equipment packs would start giving good loot. I was thus disappointed to receive only common and a few rare item, especially since the front of the pack shows the hero in their (epic or Legendary? I’m not sure) gear.

I would suggest that at that point, equipment packs be guaranteed to contain at least an epic item.

Ya, equipment packs are pretty much junk past the first few. When you have an equipment pack that requires you to have spent 80,000+ gp on upgrades, the odds are that you are at least wearing epic gear.

And at that point 100 gp and a dozen commons and 3 whole rare cards isn’t really worth a splash screen or any excitement?

Take a look at the cost to reach the pack from the last one; make the pack contain at least 10% of that in cards (at 10 gp common, 100 gp rare, 1000 gp epic, 40000 gp legendary store price) if not more (ie, 10% is min; but another 5%-10% value in the form of a chance to get a next-tier card). At that point it could be somewhat exciting; not worth upgrading for getting a new pack, but at least an exciting bonus.

Concrete:

Suppose it was 25000 renown since the last tier; that is 50000 gp (at 2 gp:renown). 10% is 5000 gp in cards.

So ~3 epic, ~15 rare, ~50 common. A nice, noticeable pack for someone who has probably multiple legendaries equipped.

Next a gamble to get a legendary “worth” 5000 gp. 5000/40000 is 1/8, or 12.5% chance to get a legendary in the pack.

I actually think the equipment packs we get from renown level is bugged when i got my lvl 12 renown, the pack info said 10k gold and 2.7k card and when i opened it i got 170 gold and 50 cards. I hope they give the packs again and they work correctly.

`Quoting Yakk:

Concrete:

Suppose it was 25000 renown since the last tier; that is 50000 gp (at 2 gp:renown). 10% is 5000 gp in cards.

So ~3 epic, ~15 rare, ~50 common. A nice, noticeable pack for someone who has probably multiple legendaries equipped.

Next a gamble to get a legendary “worth” 5000 gp. 5000/40000 is 1/8, or 12.5% chance to get a legendary in the pack.`

This looks like a reasonable reward for the packs.

I can see where you’re coming from for sure.
I actually didn’t want to level up to unlock my last character as the rewards are so low that it’s very difficult to level up the gear.

The renown rewards are equal to or less than 2 mystery packs. However, you get a mystery pack every 4 hours and a renown bonus every week+ after LVL 7.

I am with you on this
Looks like the reknown pack rewards are based on same too low rewards level before update.
Level 12 reknown and I received less than 300 gold with a few common and rare gears to show for doesn’t make any sense.
Not asking for legendary, but still

Agree with all above

The equipment packs from increasing your renown are extremely underwhelming. Just opened Lvl 11 pack and like all the others it’s on par with a copper chest.
At least the packs from Silverhand’s Rewards are decent.

As a related aside, I think the legendary drop % chance of Dungeon Master chests and packs ought to be higher than whatever it is. My last 2 DM chests and 1 DM pack had a decent number of epics, but no Legendary. QQ I know, but they are so rare to get and are the “best” chance to get a legendary, that chance should be a decent one.

We have an entire thread dedicated to this exact thing.