[Suggestion] Limit stat boost points posseble to spend on one creature

Put a limit on the number of state boosts used on one creature This will give the player a bigger sense of chose, because the upgrades are limited by the players chose and not the availability of the resorce. In contrast to the current system there the choice is only to what dinosaur to boost, which is also a false chose because it is negated by time, work or money.

It will also reduce the amount of boosts possible to spend and therefore reduce the sense of unfairness that buying state boosts gives. A fully maxed team takes generally a long time to get and choosing a new team even longer. Then the time required to do so is as significant as it is today, buying state boosts gives the player not only a pass on spending time, but also a flat power boosts because the other players cannot keep up. My sub-point is the current system is pointing too much in the detection of pay to win, not saying it is or isn’t.

9 Likes

There is a limit. Tier 10 is the limit. Very hard to reach, but not impossible given enough time.
Can you give examples of your suggestion, because I don’t really get it.

1 Like

Perhaps 10 Tiers total on a single dinosaur? Would that work?

2 Likes

I tryed to explain that there should be an additional limet. not just at a tier, but after a surten amount of “boost points” spent. Please read more thouroly.

1 Like

i always thought that you should only be able to boost one creature maybe 10 to 12 times only… so if each stat was 12 tiers you could only spread 12 boosts accross three stats. this would create more diversity. the issue with most ppl though is the speed. that would still in a sence break the slower creatures…

2 Likes

He means, for example 18 boosts is the limit, so you can make Tier 6-6-6 or 10 speed and 6 damage.

That’s how everyone originally thought the boosts would have worked and how we wanted it to work.

1 Like

if they do this… maybe get rid of the speed boosts and also add crit and armor.

1 Like

In principle, but it is better to leave the exact numbers to the balancers that can easer adjust and control numbers, in my opinion.

1 Like

I dont fully know why you should be able to boost speed.

well in simple terms… speed sells…

That’s kind of how I expected them to work, I was disappointed when it turned out to be 10 tier for all of them. Doing it the other way would have made boosts a lot more balanced, and introduced a genuine challenge.

3 Likes

there would still be those guides out there showing you what the optimal tweaks are for the best dinos etc… but atleast each would be more unique if you make it health, damage, crit*, armor*, speed*?

*these would be lesser effects though. maybe 1 to 5% max or something like that.

1 Like

Just what we need! Lolol Thor with 100 percent crit!

1 Like

nope. if they implement crit boosts i wouldnt allow it to go over 5% or so, and i would nerf the crit on the high crit dinos.

1 Like

Increased crit is basically the same as increased damage, just with more of a gamble element in it. It’s kinda pointless if that would be added, but it’s something that could sell so I wouldn’t be surprised if it does at one point. Armor is not much different from health either, just a bit different in certain situations. If all creatures get armor boosts, everyone would just always line up their armor eating dinos… It would mess up the meta, again. So no thank you.
Boosts are just a mess. Speed should not be adjustable, as that is the main ingredient for any serious attempt to something called balance. Damage and health are the only things that make sense, but with the current increase in values, any tactic is futile.

1 Like

Omg I’d just give up at that point…lol.

1 Like

There are two major problems with the boosts .
The first is that they foolishly thought that giving speed boosts was a good idea . Even a child of six or seven can see that it’s the speed that creates balance in the game . So the minute you allow for changes to be made to the only real balance factor , you know it’s gonna go wrong , and it has .
And the second is how many are made so easily available . If you limit how many can be applied then people will just stop buying them , it’s that simple . Once your best dinos are up to their limit , why would you buy any more ? And the free ones given out like candy every day would soon accumulate and when new dinos are launched you’ve got a stack of boosts ready for them .
Can things be reversed in a positive way ?
Only if they do away with the speed boosts and swap them for something else . Maybe 25/25/25/25 armour , crit , health and attack boosts ?

I totally agree with Speed being the real game balancer. It seems to me, that if they wanted to boost level cap, they should have just done Health and Attack. However, there is the argument to be made that Speed boosting should be allowed, but it should be the most limited (Like max 2 or 3)

I feel like very limited speed boosting would be balanced, as some people might ignore it because their dinos are speedy enough not to need it. It would make speed differences smaller, but still keep them in place (and would be useful for improving fusions that got their speed dragged down by a slow parent)

I agree, I dont think Thor was meant to be faster than a Raptor, which was said to be the fastest of all dinosaurs

(abit TLDR of discussion) Maybe if speed is not fit to be a state that should change(, thou I may see how it could work if it was just limited in some way, anyway…). Then there isn’t much to boost any more(, really pointing out what a bad idea this is to begin with). Introducing boost to crit, doge, armour, armour penetration, or other( hopefully more creative stats then just the only tree main stats in the game) stats.