I mentioned this in another thread but it seems it might get seen by Ludia here. An easy solution to the problems (aside from typical bugs like blank map and matchmaking) is to simply alternate weeks with max level restrictions on dinos for that week. 5 week rotation with commons, common/rare, common/rare/epic, common/rare/epic/legendary, & common/rare/epic/legendary/unique(everything). This would:
- Give lower level players without Uniques a good chance to compete in the arenas.
- Give seasoned players who are getting bored a nice variety with weekly limitations.
- Solve the stat boost problem because if someone uses all their boosts on uniques (such as Thor) then they would be at disadvantage the other 4 weeks (80% of the time).
- Stat boosts would start appearing on common, rare, epic etc. instead
- Tournaments would not be necessary as each week could be a new level or tournament. This eliminates the “can’t get a battle” problem by putting all players in same battle arena/tournament weekly.
- Matchmaking as MetaHub suggested based on team strength only and ignoring actual trophies. (Stops level droppers and levels playing field)
This is the type of system Magic The Gathering used to balance it’s overpowered cards. Had different tournaments that restricted use of certain cards etc. This is so simple and makes so much sense it probably will be ignored. Kind of like making a suggestion to the government. If anyone has a reason this wouldn’t work I’d love to hear it.