I’m all about the creature models of this game. It’s what attracted me in the first place, and is becoming my main interest as PvP dies for me. That being said, I always find it to be such a bummer when a cool-looking hybrid ends up with a weird or weak super-hybrid. I know this depends on one’s tastes, but this is my thread aye?
• Poukandactylus - Poukaidei is a pretty sweet play on both interpretations of Raptor via a Dromaeosaur head on an Eagle’s body.
The super-hybrid ends up being a sort of semi-tropical buzzard with a crest. Not awful, but considering its roots, I wish they picked literally any other pterosaur for the fusion.
• Monolorhino - As much as I despise the current Monolometrodon, its model is solid enough. Real impish looking horned lizard. Not the coolest color combo, but it’s final form is seriously just a regular Rhino with some spikes on its back that looks like someone spilled some grape jelly on. All the carnivore features are completely gone, so it’s too drastic for me.
• Carnotarkus - This one hurts. Purutaurus was instantly one of my favorite designs and it is even cooler with the Indoraptor animations. Like a night-stalking demon with that color scheme and dual horns. I couldn’t wait to see what kind of monster the final evolution could look li…
it’s a COW.
• Antarctovenator - Tbf I already can’t take the Lepospondyl model seriously for this game, because it just looks so ridiculous when compared to almost everything else as it wiggles and waddles around. We end up finding out it’s getting a Unique with one of the the coolest looking Ankylosaurs in the game, and we end up with a spiky poop for the Super-Hybrid. There was some real missed potential here for an Ankylosaur animation Unique.
• Ankylodicurus - Another one that I find funny (and cute tbh). I kind of like its design, but coming off of Ankylocodon who has a pretty rad model and was in the chamber to get a super-hybrid so long, it’s kind of a shame that after all that, the fusion is so Doedicurus dominant.
There’s some others that are cool in their own right even if they didn’t go in the direction I hoped for, like Tenontorex, Utarinex, and Erlikospyx, but I am just hoping so so much that Alloraptor and Acrocanthops get some aesthetically menacing and powerful looking fusions because they are some of my favorite designs in this entire game.
Let me know your thoughts or opinions on these or any others!