Support key changed after update

Hello there,

After my last Update with android my Support key has changed. Due to that the Game crashes down.

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance

Hey Tim77, was your game previously linked to your Facebook account? If so, please try reconnecting to Facebook through the in-game Settings menu and see if you’re able to access your old game account.

Yes, it is connected with Facebook.

I cannot access the Game with android at all. Before i get the chance to access it, the game crashes down.

I’m sorry to hear that, could I ask you to reach out to our support team here at support+forums@ludia.com so our team can take a closer look at this for you? Please make sure to include your support key in the email as well.

Thanks!

That sounds very similar to what was happening to me @Tim77.

Dear Ned ,

My Game was restored by one of your colleagues. Thanks for that .

Now i have a new problem: i wanted to connect my restored game with Facebook. That was not possible. There is a notice that my Game is already connected to another Game. Because of that remark (error Message) i have deleted your Game several times. Unfortunately the remark comes up over and over again.

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Tim77, could you send a screenshot of that error to our support team so they can take a look to see what might be going on?