Ludia Forums

Surveys

Your surveys are too un-directed and cause more problems than they help by asking the most biased group of people how you should make changes… I like how you proposed the maxima changes in the latest survey, but changes to procera, indo g2, and dc are too unstructured. See this:

4 Likes

I agree with a lot of them but at the same time by not asking players what they want, you do disservice to the players. You need their suggestions and wants hand in hand with what the game developers want to do. Doing it just by what the developers would want could potentially lose more players.

2 Likes

Most of the stuff this comes from GamePress is very good and informative.

This article however is utter crap, and I am very disappointed to see them saying that players will only ever respond in a way that suits their personal agenda.

I play this game to enjoy it.
That’s it, and if certain aspects like op dinos detract from that enjoyment I should be able to say so, and if Ludia see enough people saying the same things they should act accordingly. Quite why it took so long to do anything about the rat is beyond me, but the fact that they are doing something quickly this time is fantastic in my opinion.

4 Likes

You mean the absence of survey. Keep getting an error when trying to access this.

2 Likes

I agree with the article the vast majority of players either dont know balance or will just vote in whatever helps them.

4 Likes

I had Promimus on my team at a comparable level and boosted and I still voted to have it heavily nerfed, OG Mimus should be superior and no epic should be that powerful. I have DC at 25 (or 26, can’t remember) and easily enough DNA to get it up a few levels, I tried it and didn’t care for it but always thought of it as bypassing strategy. I think there are self motivated opinions but I also think some of the criticisms and suggestions have the games best interests at heart.

2 Likes

I anticipate Cautious Strike has been top priority for roughly 60% of the community. The amount of whining posts in regards to it is staggering. So yep like always those that whine the loudest get pacified the quickest. Go figure they want something that is not broken to be fixed because their whole team got annihilated by an Indo Gen 2. Learn to improvise, adapt, and overcome. Really any simpler it would be considered Barney style. It is those types of people when climbing a mountain, they expect to be cradled like a baby by their teammate the whole way to the top.

That is an extremely narrow view of the situation and.Im not someone posting about cautious strike. The games move have to have limitations and a move that does 6 things is unbalanced. If you’re deeply wounded by the recognition of an OP move you are probably someone leaning on it heavily. I don’t happen to think CS should be completely gutted but as is it is simply too many things happening at once.

2 Likes

It may be narrow. Still it is an observation that I have witnessed for myself. I say it stays the way it is and just learn to counter it.

People said the same about swap in DSR and it was a crutch and unbalanced. The move is objectively OP and will balance out with a tweak

2 Likes

Then how about we give Indo Gen 2 the moveset of Diplovenator then? Would that make people happy?

And then we have this. So you can’t get full feedback.

2 Likes

Remove the immunities and cleanse its probably fine… remove the distraction and speed up and it’s fine.

2 Likes

Ok let’s just make it like the prototype Unique Indo. Let’s forget that in the lore of Indo Gen 2, that is supposed to be superior to Indo Gen 1. In that case, then the Rat needs Swap in Defense Shattering Rampage and total immunity. I would like to see this.

Agreed. I suppose I get where they are coming from but… I lightly boosted and use both Procera and IG2. I would still change both of them as they are not good for overall game balance.

I agree with the letter. Asking for feedback is always important, but i’ll admit I don’t have the first clue on how to properly balance an entire game, many times we really don’t know what’s best, If we get what we asked, we may realise it’s not what we wanted. I think that even If many players were to choose some option just to kill a dino, it’s the devs job to deal with that feedback in the most reasonable way possible.

1 Like

There is a difference between saying the vast majority and every single one.

My biggest issue with this survey is everyone invests time and some money into their team. And the survey is literally asking us if we want to change the way something we invested in works. And your casual players… the ones who normally get their way could care less is their Idg2 is a gross miscalculation or not. Most of them wouldnt even get where gross miscalculations came from.

Your asking the same group of players who picked to dart suchomimus over irritator to decide how your gonna balance the game.

Even in this very thread made up amoung the peopme who like to discuss balance changes you see someone tring to justify why cautious strike is a balanced move and its to protect their investment… maybe its just a time investment. But who likes to say, glad i wasted the last 2 months working on that for it to no longer do what i wanted it to do.

Sure there will be exceptions like @Creative_Screen_name willing to lose something for the better of the game. But i dont believe yout average gamer is willing to vote to lose a team member.

2 Likes

I still want to know why I got an internal error lol. If they will do these surveys they need to go properly. Or you only get some feedback.

I’m a retired machinist.
I don’t get paid to dev for this game, I have zero clue how to balance a mobile game and don’t really care.
If they are really going to ask me for my ignorant opinion on the game… well. May as well stack it in my favor.
I don’t work for free.

4 Likes

But it’s true. Players do vote for things that they want, that’s how people work. They will try to influence dinos they have on their team in their benefit. I do that too. I don’t know why you would deny this.

1 Like