Ludia Forums

Sword cat (Creature file #142)

New creature is here. Today, we’ll be taking a look at a creature that you do not want your baby mammoth to become prey with the cat. Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the Homotherium.

Rarity: Common

Health: 3010

Damage: 1410

Speed: 128

Armor: 0%

Critical: 20%

Moves

Deliberate Prowl

Precise Pounce

Passive: Wounding Counter

Possible hybrid: Elasmohomo, Fuse with Elasmotherium and Homotherium

Rarity: Epic

Health: 4510

Damage: 1410

Speed: 128

Armor: 30%

Critical: 20%

Moves

Shielded Taunting Strike

Deliberate Prowl

Precise Pounce

Decelerating Impact

Passive: Wounding Counter

Resistance: 100% Speed Decrease

Trivia
  • The name, Homotherium, means “Same Beast”.

• Homotherium is also know as Scimitar Cat. It was called this because it was named after its 4 inch teeth like a scimitar, a type of sword that was used in the Eastern countries.

• Paleontologist who first found a Homotherium teeth thought the creature was a prehistoric bear.

Can you guess who this is?: stomatosuchus-e4d3bede-e19d-4446-b028-e01a0cac216-resize-750

Don’t click on the picture

2 Likes

QnA is coming tomorrow night. I hope y’all are ready

1 Like

Is that Stomatosuchus? Another creature whose remains were destroyed in that bombing, but it isn’t often brought up.

1 Like

That’s correct

2 Likes

Honestly, I’ve never seen stomatosauchus from that angle

1 Like

Trying to find the perfect image. That’s all

1 Like

Does…does that croc have baleen???

1 Like

I don’t think so

1 Like

I don’t think it counts as baleen, considering that baleen is a feature of whales specifically, but it’s clearly meant to serve the same function, acting as a sieve. There’s actually no evidence that Stomatosuchus had that apparatus, I’m pretty sure it just had small, conical teeth on the upper jaw, and a toothless lower jaw, so I’m unsure of how plausible it is for it to look like in that artwork.

Yeah, sometime can be confusing