Ludia Forums

T Rex for sale

My offer is 99,999,999 Dinodollars, anyone wants to outbid me?

Seriously, it’s a shame that it will be sold to some private sheik and that it is going to disappear in a private collection. It should be placed in a museum so that everyone could visit it.

4 Likes

Me : looks around in my park
yeah I can’t even afford the price tag

But you’re right, this should be in a museum.
“Everyone have a right to enjoy these animals, it’s not only for the super-rich.” We don’t have dinosaurs of course, but the skeletons are the closest we can get so let it be in a museum.

4 Likes

All hope is not lost. Sometimes a generous buyer donates his exhibits to a museum to make them available for the public.

4 Likes

Our generous buyer’s name is Tommi… :wink:

2 Likes

Quiet! I prefer to be anonymous.

3 Likes

Our generous buyer is anonymous… ignore my previous message :no_mouth:

5 Likes

tenor

9 Likes

My offer is 99,999,999 DB and 1 DNA. Ha, that T rex fossil is mine now.

2 Likes

Tommi : chuckles I’ll make that 99,999,999 DBs and 2 DNA

2 Likes

I’ll get the power of Chanya Diogo and bring home 104,590,385 bucks.

2 Likes

I agree that it should be in a museum but at the same time someone paid a lot of money for that thing at some point be it the excavation and preparation or if someone else had bought it thereafter, I am not familiar with the history of the piece.

If i dump a ton of time and money into something I’m definitely not just giving it away.
JMO

4 Likes

Would be awesome if ludia gave free cheap real fossils randomly once a month. Imagine giving 10 fossils a month randomly between all people who played on daily biases or VIP members.

I bet that would be shown on the news, they would get new players and more earnings.

3 Likes

You had me in the first half, not gonna lie

2 Likes

Did anyone in the US catch the show Dinosaur Hunters on Discovery earlier this year? A lot of these people discovering fossils are ranchers doing it to supplement their income, so yeah, they can’t afford to spend the massive amount of money needed to excavate and prepare a fossil skeleton and then just donate it.

2 Likes

As alluded to in Jurassic World, actually digging up the bones is also becoming less common. Though it’s still cool to do so, the ground-breaking technology of genetics allows scientists to know as much from labwork as from actually digging-up and reconstruction of the bones. The words from Jurassic Park haunt us: “In a few more years, we won’t even have to dig anymore.”

Indeed, where’s the fun in that?

PS- @Andy_wan_kenobi beat me to putting that GIF up.

10 Likes

Congratulations to anonymous forum member for acquiring “Stan”.

I have a gut feeling that I know who is the multimillionaire among us. I gave an
99mio coins offer for it but for some reason it was not accepted.

5 Likes

I think you had confused between coins and food, and when the transaction was underway the food might’ve gone rancid :shallow_pan_of_food:

3 Likes

Some guy named James Hyslop bought it…any one of you named James Hyslop here?

4 Likes

James hyslop works under my friends dads company

1 Like

Could be an anagram for someone here. It’s not me, there is no “T” in James Hyslop.

4 Likes