Ludia Forums

Tenontorex; is it worth it?

Monolorhino and Scaphotator made the list? Probably to troll opponents.

2 Likes

Sorry, but I think that data is worthless for this discussion.

The top 50 live in their own, ivory tower meta.
Outside of it, Tenrex is a great beefy dino, that just struggles with erlidoms.
It does frankly good against the Magna builds you see around top 300, can do great against IG2, helps tag teaming Maximas and Geminis…

So, yeah, I run one, isn’t even a max build and I just love it.

1 Like

Ya mostly like all chompers its best to go jut health and attack especially on tenato as it has speed control.

1 Like

For sure. Mine has been max for a few months now and I love it. I always hope it’s on my team. I use it as a starter. It’s good against a lot of things because it has diverse move set.

Slows and cleanse distraction
Armor/shield piercing
Distraction

Plus it has a critical chance.

I really like it. Mine is unboosted and can sometimes kill 2 dinos before going down.

I’ve posted a lot of pics of what it can do in this thread.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I love Tenontorex. It was my first unique and it is my favorite Dino in the entire game. Unfortunately it doesn’t really fit in with my team and it’s lack of any passives or swap in moves and it’s abysmal Erlidom matchup is too much. I have it benched for a lower level Smilonemys. I’m in high aviary to low library and literally everybody uses Erlidom soooo it kinda sucks for Tenontorex.
Btw Tenontorex should technically be immune to distraction bc of Dilo g2 and should also have swap in stun. But it doesn’t.

1 Like

If it could get through a cloak/evasive it would be a winner in my book. I just have not head terrific luck with it. Not bad, but needs a touch more (null rampage too much?).

I do love its look though!

2 Likes

I think null impact instead of dsi. Dsi is a little redundant

2 Likes

How much is :
Nullyfing impact (instead of dsi)+ immune to distract + swap in stune and 1700Dmg (or 1650)
to tenonto?

1 Like

A lot considering there is only dodge and then boosts to counter it

1 Like

Ya but then you have something that can pull off a 3360 rampage through armor and shields with no way of stopping it unless you stun it but stunners are already bad and or obsolete.

1 Like

The only relevant stunners are phorus, nemys, and I guess thor

1 Like

Ya lots of dinos have very bad matchups against erlidom for Ex: thor, allosino,magna, maxima, alloraptor, spxs. Porqus, rixs, tryos, dilorach, rinex, tuor, Vexus, and monostego. Doesn’t mean its bad its just mean erlidom is one of its counters. Even then erlidom has plenty of other counters: Geminititan, olania, grypo, moth, tryko, dioraj, prorat (if played right), mammo, nemys, phorasura, zorion, nemys, testa, ankyntro and nodopatotitan.

1 Like

Lol true but even the if phorasura’s or nemy’s stuns fail thats an instant KO for the,. As for thor it already suffers from distraction thanks to distracting impact, so it really wouldn’t do much.

1 Like

Wait a sec, how does maxima have a bad matchup
against erlidom

2 Likes

The health lost a few patches ago means erlidom just needs to pull off two rampages, so it can just play mind games with maxima to make use II and win, or it can run then come back in.

1 Like

Dodge. That’s always been tenonto’s weakness. That’s why I think null impact would be good. Or just killing it first, which most thors can do and almost every ardent, Gemini magna and Erlidom can do. Keep in mind Mammolania can also deliver 3000 damage with zero ways to escape it

2 Likes

Also I’m just saying it doesn’t do well in the 4800-5300 meta bc there are SO many erlidoms and nitro thors there. As well as quite a few magnas

1 Like

1600 x 2= 3200 x 2 = 6,400 -15%= 6440

Maximas health is 5400 after the nerf

So basically mostly likely erlidom wins since its all up to what maxima does turn two since it can cloak maxima can either risk going for II or definite strike to block or cancel it but then that gives erlidom an opening to go MSS setting up its rampage and it doesn’t matter what maxima does after that its dead. But maxima also has some favor on its side as if erlidom cloaks and it maxima goes for say II or DS then erlidom is dead if it goes II but if maxima goes DS erlidom still has a chance to kill it even then since maxima has to block to not die giving maxima once again another choice.

This without crits of course: cause that makes sorta a difference but not really at least for maximas luck unless its on turn two. See if erlidom gets a crit turn one them maxima is in real hot water since it left with only 2000 health. Mean now it has to get rid of erlidom before turn 3 or else its dead. Still if maxima crits turn one then it significantly does change the matchup as turn two it will always win If it uses definite strike

1 Like

Ya but most tentos also beat Thor’s if they get DI off first then thor is pretty much one shottable. so its 50/50

2 Likes