Ludia Forums

Testacornibus Rework Idea (Offensive Tank Style)

For the month of July, we will be getting Eucladoceros, one of the hardest epics to come by, as a daily reward! It has a unique superhybrid, so should be worth it, right? Wrong. For arguably the hardest unique to make, for what it is, it is a low tier. If we look at Geminititan and Mammolania, they are AMAZING compared to Testa, who is arguably harder to make than both combined. So, I think it could use a buff, don’t you? I think you do. Here we go:

Stats:

Health: 4200
Attack: 1000
Speed: 127
Armor: 40%
Critical: 5%

New Moveset:

Shielded Decelerating Vulenerability
Superior Vulnerability Impact
Armor Piercing Devastation
Distracting Shield
Swap In Stunning Strike
On Escape Dig In
Immune to DoT and Deceleration

What I basically did was turn it into an offensive tank playstyle. I gave it Armor Piercing Devastation to add more ceratopsian armor piercing to it. Let me know if you think that is too OP or not OP enough, though. Because of the offensive playstyle, I didn’t want it to have dig-in, but I did give it an on-escape version of it. If you thought trying to escape entelomoth was risky, wait til you try to escape this. As much as I wanted to increase the damage, though, I didn’t because it shouldn’t do more (base) damage than the chompers, even if it can’t shatter shields.

What do you think of the testacornibus moveset? Too much? Need a different rework? Share it in the comments!

4 Likes

Ummm… that would for sure make it high tyrant…

Increase his armor to 50 %, because its hard to make

1 Like

Hers mine
50%
5%
SV
Distracting Shield
Devastation
Dig In
Swap In Stunning Strike
Immune to DoT/Vulnerable
Maximal Counter Attack

I’ll tried

Health: 4750

Damage: 1100

Speed: 125

Armor: 50%

Moves

Superior Vulnerability

Devastation

Distracting Shield

Decelerating Rampage

Passive: Swap in heal, Immune to Damage Over Time and Deceleration

Testacornibus rework

Health: 4080
Damage: 1200
Speed: 126
Armour: 50%

Superior Vulnerability
Distracting Shielded Impact (Cooldown 2)
Superiority Rampage (Cooldown 1, delay 1)
Deliberate Dig In

Immune to Deceleration
On Escape Heal

This is more of a quick offensive moveset, and I didn’t put devastation because honestly the 2 delay makes it not great. It still has huge damage output with SV + Rampage, and Distracting Shielded Impact for stalling all types of attacks that can pierce armour.

It’s an offensive speed control + damage advantage semi-tank

Hmm
Stats
Hp 4000
Dmg 1200
Sped 127
Amor 40%
Crit 5%
SV
Devastation
Shield advantage
Dig in
Swap in Distracting shield (shield and distraction 2 turns)
Immune to decel

I like this idea! Here are the tweaks I would make:

Health: 4200
Attack: 1000
Speed: 127 126

New Moveset:

Shielded Decelerating Vulnerability
Superior Vulnerability Impact Greater Stunning Strike
Armor Piercing Devastation
Distracting Shield Dig In
Swap In Stunning Strike
On Escape Dig In
Immune to DoT and Deceleration

Reasoning:

I bumped the speed down to 126 to make it a little harder to compete with true speedsters. The thing’s a turtle. It slows its targets. Might as well give that a use. And, of course, the reason I probably should’ve said first–It could use some nerfing.

I actually put in the stun attack at the end. First I tried Greater Stunning Impact, but then I decided that was too harsh. First you slow, then you stun, then you devastate? BRUTAL. I figured with impact damage, it was too much. Correct me if I’m wrong. I swapped out the Sup. Vul. Impact because it was too similar to the basic attack, and I wanted more options. I also wanted to bring in more Nasuto heritage. I recognize this critter’s damage output becomes quite low without Devastation, but I think it’s a good sacrifice to make.

I got rid of Armor Piercing on the Devastation and Immune to DoT because I think armor and bleeders are at risk of becoming even more trivialized. Bleeders especially–They had to make a snake that seems to kill all bleedable critters with little to no competition just to make it worth considering. And an armor piercing devastation seems a bit much.

However, I would want the Testacornibus to cleanse on command. Dig In is already in its genetics, so I made the ability more accessible.

I then changed the On Escape ability to Shielding Strike to keep variety, not for balance. Then I realized that if you predicted an opponent’s escape, you could swap this in first and activate both a swap-in attack and an on-escape attack. We’d have a new Dracoceratops with the power of a murder turtle. Way too much. So I was going to change it back to swap-in Dig In. Then I decided that was a bit much, and I could bring in On Escape Heal to sort of bring back the deer’s traditional Swap-In Heal. Then I just thought you know what? If it already has a swap-in stunning attack, it doesn’t need any more help. So I crossed out the On Escape ability entirely.

So, there we have it! A unique Monostegotops turtle deer. What do you think?

I came up with the superior vulnerable impact after superiority impact came out based off of diplo and gemini, but I would do something like this:
HP: 4200
Attack: 1050
Speed: 127
Crit: 5%
Moveset
Distracting shield
Superior vulnerability impact
Decelerating rampage
Dig In
Swap-in stunning strike
Immune to decel
Immune to DoT

It now can do more damage in a short timespan as it has a turn 1 x2 multiplier and could make this a x3 with the impact. It should keep distracting shield as it’s cornibus’s signature move. It did lose swap-in heal, but swap-in stunning strike is the best swap-in in the game, so that helps a bunch

If APD has 2 delay, I agree

My rework
Hp: 4500
Dmg: 1200
Spd: 127
Def: 50%
Crit: 5%

SV
Dig in
Nul rampage
Distracting shield

Swap in stunning strike
On escape heal
Immune to decel

This rework would allow it to do some actual damage as well as better team play and even has a 100% chance to beat Indo gen 2 (Sv + nul rampage will kill it)

I don’t have a rework. I’d like redesign actually. The deer is pretty. But I am a turtle guy lol.

You have 34k nasuto dna? I want some!