Ludia Forums

Thagomizer, but more realistic

What group of dinos have Thagomizer? Stegosaurs ( and some hybrids). And what is a Thagomizer? This:
download
Look at these spikes. Good to do some serious damage.
Now let’s look at the JWA version…terrible.
Why does it only slow? Shouldn’t it do something more? Like maybe bleed or at least pierce armor?
This needs to change.

My version:

• Thagomizer
    Deal 1.5x damage. Slow opponent’s speed by 50% for 2 turns and DoT 0.2x of target’s max HP for 1 turn.
16 Likes

I love that!

1 Like

That would enable me to use and anklyotrosaurus

I always thought Thagomizer was one of the worst slowing moves. Every other slowing move does the same thing but Thagomizer has a cooldown of three, while others have less.

6 Likes

My version

Thagomizer
Deal 1.5 × Armor Piercing Damage, Slow Opponents Speed 50% for 3 turns.
Cooldown 3

4 Likes

Defense Shattering Thagomizer.
Lethal Thagomizer.
Rending Thagomizer.
Armor Piercing Thagomizer.
Thagomizer and Run.
Define Thagomizer.

5 Likes

Completely agree. As a signature move made by such a lethal weapon it could have been better. And it has a cooldown of 3, why? It should be 2. It would be nice if it could bleed like your suggestion or pierce armor.

3 Likes

Don’t forget: instant death tagomizer when opponent gets slammed in its face

2 Likes

I really like the addition of a low bleed to it. That would help stegosaurs be more unique and give more oomph to their matchups

2 Likes

Sure would beat the biting move it is given

3 Likes

You forget the “target vulnerable for 2 turns” part.

2 Likes

And while you’re at it, why not increase the slowing percentage to 75 or even 100%?

I’m playing stegosaurs this week in my theme team experiment, and quite frankly without a decent damage output they aren’t doing well. Slow is fine for most but maybe the higher rarity could have a bleed and slow thagomizer?