Ludia Forums

The maths behind Distractions and crits

Hej everybody,
I want to make a raid scheme for my alliance. In the process I noticed I don’t know exactly how distractions and crits are calculated. (I actually did know, but I forgot :sleepy:, and I even don’t know whether there were changes in the calculation method or not …)

So, if there already is another Topic for this, a link suffices, but I will present you 3 very concrete questions I have so far.

• Suppose dino A en B attack dino M.
    A en B distract M for 50%, but M has a resistancy of 80%. Denote by d the base attack of M. Is the actual damage in this case of a normal strike of M then:
    d * (1 - 0.2 * 0.5 - 0.2 * 0.5) ?

• Now M is going for a rampage, what is its actual damage?
    2d * (1 - 0.2 * 0.5 - 0.2 * 0.5) (which I think it should be, but you never know), or
    d * (2 - 0.2 * 0.5 - 0.2 * 0.5)

• And now M is even critting on its ramage (Is a crit 50%, that’s what I took in the formula below):
    2d * (1 + 0.5 - 0.2 * 0.5 - 0.2 * 0.5) , or again
    d * (2 + 0.5 - 0.2 * 0.5 - 0.2 * 0.5) , or even something in between?

Thank you very much in advance for your answers.
(Don’t hesitate to use formulas in your answer, I always find it way easier to understand those than explanations in words :grinning: )
Bart

Yes, that’s correct. It would be easier to understand typed like this: d{1-(0.2×0.5)-(0.2×0.5)}

It’s the former. 2d{1-(0.2×0.5)-(0.2×0.5)}

No, it’s 25%.
It’s [2d{1-(0.2×0.5)-(0.2×0.5)}] (1.25)

Thank you @Qaw for your very fast answer.

For the crit I didn’t know exactly how much it was at the moment, so it’s 25% .

For the third, you are sure it’s not 2d{1.25-(0.2×0.5)-(0.2×0.5)}?
But I actually hope you were right, because I think you can guess what dino M is standing for :grinning: .

It actually used to be 50% a while ago, but it was changed to 25%. I don’t remember when exactly, my perception of time with respect to all the updates is really warped.

Yes, I am sure. An easy way to confirm this is to use Instant Distraction on a creature with a high critical chance. It still deals zero damage even if it crits, meaning that the 25% is calculated after all the debuffs are applied.

All the best against Mortem Rex! I’m working on a strategy to take it down too, without any teammates above level 27. We’ve come up with something, but only time will tell if it works or no.

Thank you, it’s indeed the teammate lvl problem that makes the correct calculations in advance so necessary. But now, with your input, I’m settled to start in detail…

1 Like