Ludia Forums

The Most Dangerous Carnivore Of All

:musical_note:One of these things is not like the others :musical_note:

Behold the most fearsome predatory dinosaur of them all…

….a small pachycephalosaurid!

18 Likes

Ludia logic.
They are surprisingly good at getting their facts wrong. I will forever remember when they claimed that Ankylosaurus was a Theropod in the Alankylosaurus description.

6 Likes

Voted for it purely because of this mistake :joy:

8 Likes

Or that Meiolania was a descendant of Ankylosaurs. Or how they STILL claim that Smilodon lived during the Eocene.

6 Likes

I sure hope that the new owners will clean this mess up. But I assume that they will do that after the long awaited boost reset has arrived. And we all know that that happens when they… Uh… Yeah, when that happens.

(good thing I’m unboosted lol)

4 Likes

I unfortunately doubt it. No owner would care about something as small and unimportant as flavor text. Some individual developer(s) would have to take it upon themselves to fix them.

4 Likes

I voted for it because of that and Phorurex :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah. The most dangerous carnivore ever

1 Like

Well to be fair meilolania was once believed to be an ankylosaur relative back when he was discovered. Also that fact was an old one from jpb

2 Likes

They were thinking of Alangasaurus from JW:TG.

Maybe so, but the way they presented it was if it was still believed to be an Ankylosaur relative. And even if the fact was a holdover from JP: Builder, it still made its way into JWA when Meiolania was first released.

2 Likes

Yep some jwa Desctiption are weird. Like erliko gen 2 said it was created by an attempt to create phorusrsacos

3 Likes

At least that one is rooted in the fictional lore of the series, so it’s plausible. They aren’t really misrepresenting actual facts in that case, although it is a bit misleading.

5 Likes

It was “reverse engineered” from Erlikosaurus DNA (whatever that means), and the end result was the colorful Erliko Gen 2. Now why Phorus isn’t colordul itself, I have no idea.

1 Like

Well none of the dinosaurs in Jurassic World are 100% accurate. Remember their genomes were not complete and the blanks were filled in with code from modern day critters. That’s how you get a chicken-sized raptor that’s six feet tall. There are no mistakes, just happy dinosaurs… or something. :grin:

2 Likes

Yeah. Sometimes creature descriptions are just weird

1 Like

I wish they could bring Alanga to JWA

1 Like

I think it’s strange that they haven’t updated the Velociraptor, which has long since been confirmed as being very inaccurate…

I’m not surprised in the slightest, that design is just too iconic. It would be like redesigning Sonic the Hedgehog to look more like a real Hedgehog… and we all saw how THAT went down :joy: That said, it may be neat to see a redesigned Raptor as a Velociraptor Gen 2 (the one time I would actually be OK with getting a Gen 2 instead of a new dino), but that’s basically what Deinonychus is.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes