Ludia Forums

The New Aquatic Creature

Wow… Leedsichthys, really?? And without even one unlock event.

Well at least we know what the new creature is now. Hopefully there will be an unlock event for Leedsichthys in the near future.

9 Likes

There is no need for an unlock event. You can buy one for only 55 € which is xx $. I need six of them…no problem.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

9 Likes

I also need six of them, my friend… Ugh- I’ll never pay for that. But I do expect that Ludia should be offering an unlock event for Leedsichthys in the near future.

My guess is there will be an unlock event next week.

4 Likes

Well Shoot I was way off, at least we know now.

3 Likes

so there was really no unlock for leedy recently? phew, I thought I lost his unlock.

1 Like

i NEVER see there is liosichthodon

I play the game every single day… Trust me, there has been no Leedsichthys unlock event. My guess is that it’ll be next week, if not the week after.

To my knowledge, Ludia hasn’t created a hybrid without offering the unlock events for the required creatures to fuse at or about the same time… Especially for creatures that haven’t yet had an unlock event. Not saying it can’t happen now, but up until now at least- it isn’t like them to leave us hanging like that.

4 Likes

No one’s prediction was even close :sweat_smile: . Well I am happy for two reasons

1. it is not another surface hybrid and
  2. Proterogyrinus is still available for another hybrid , phew…
5 Likes

Stats at level 40:

DNA cost will be between 48,000 - 50,400

4 Likes

You could use some DBs if you want him now @Tommi :wink: :

1 Like

How? I checked and don’t see that offer… Is it only for fidelity members or something?

If you really want him Dan, you have to go to the “Search” or try to get more copies with the “+” and the option will appear to purchase for that price with instant hatch.

I used to be Fidelity, but it expired. I am just VIP like you now.

if you have one hatched go to the aquatic park and click on the plus sign in its display, then click on search.

I’ve got 3 level 40 yudon

That was random :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But, I’m gonna need some
proof with a pic :kissing:

1 Like

The sad :frowning: thing is I got only 1 aquatic creature

I fought 11 aquatic battles and had to fight the new hybrid at least 4 times. Level 34, 29, 21, and 14. Lost the first time as i was not paying attention as was not expecting such a large cave. But i crushed it the rest of the time. I hope they unlock the creature to create it to non vip. It’s beatable with level 30 vip, but if the bots start stringing 3 of them, it will be a challenge.

From @DantheMan
“To my knowledge, Ludia hasn’t created a hybrid without offering the unlock events for the required creatures to fuse at or about the same time… Especially for creatures that haven’t yet had an unlock event. Not saying it can’t happen now, but up until now at least- it isn’t like them to leave us hanging like that.”

When it comes to non-tournament hybrids, Ludia often does not provide an unlock opportunity.

There was Smithetoceras. Smilodon went quite some time without an unlock after Smithetoceras was released

Allosaurus hasn’t had an unlock since it was removed from the battle stages.

Psephoderma went a while without an unlock after Dakoderma was released.

So, I would not assume that an unlock is right around the corner. I hope it is, but I would not assume so.

2 Likes

From @Andy_wan_kenobi:
“ When it comes to non-tournament hybrids, Ludia often does not provide an unlock opportunity…
So, I would not assume that an unlock is right around the corner. I hope it is, but I would not assume so.”

I would assume so. They almost always do. On the contrary- those examples are few and far between, a far cry from anything considered “often,” and they don’t all even support your argument.

1. There’s no reason to separate tournaments from non-tournaments- if Ludia provides the unlock opportunities for the creatures then that’s what matters.

2. Allosaurus had unlock events ages before it’s hybrid came out- deep down you have to know that you can’t honestly expect to use that to try to bolster your argument here…

3. Dakoderma’s unlock event came out just a few short weeks later.

If anything, that’s just overly pessimistic, really- an argument for the sake of being argumentative. Ludia has provided unlock events countless times for creatures that fuse into new hybrids.

All you’ve really got here is Smilodon… And maaaaybe just a little bit of time that we had to wait for Psephoderma to unlock Dakoderma. And I already had two level 40 Smilodons when Smithetoceras came out anyway— thanks to the old Lottery system that used to wonderfully overload you with creatures. Just 1.5 creatures to support your claim, over the course of this games entire 5 year history.

Maybe we will have to wait a while on the Leedsichthys unlock event… Maybe Ludia will try to milk as many players as possible into purchasing Leedsichthys’ for the new hybrid, leaving us without the unlock event for a long time. But I would say if history repeats itself, they won’t make us wait long. It’ll probably be next week— but if I had to guess it’ll be no more than 2-3 weeks tops, and we’ll have our Leedsichthys unlock event.

Also, thank you @Sionsith! Got my Level 40 Leedsichthys now:

New hybrids pretty cool:

2 Likes

Thanks for the advice. Now I only have to spend 51,000 dinobucks instead of more than 300€.

5 Likes