Ludia Forums

The new daily duties are too hard for me to complete

Are you serious? To complete such duties, first I have to level up all those dragons to nearly max level, and then send them to collect. And for each species one dragon wouldn’t be enough, for example, for terrible terrors, if you use common terrible terrors at 175 level, the gathering rate is 2.4m/h, and you would need 93.75h to collect 225m, which is nearly 4 days, so you need at least 4 terrible terrors. And I heard from my friend that if you have upgraded your storage to max, it’s 275m, and you would need at least 5. If you can’t be so accurate about time, like set your clock even at the middle of the night, then you would need more, so let’s say 7 dragons. It’s just one species. And then there are so many different species. So it would take high level players months, even years to make it possible to do these duties.
I know there are more efficient terrible terror collectors, but more efficient collectors are harder to get, which means the duty would still be too hard. For other species it may be easier but it would still be quite hard.
And for today I have got 4 such duties, 3 for wood and 1 for fish. If one such duty needs 7 spots, then three would need 21 spots. And there’s only 16 spots in total. Even if I use statues and more efficient collectors (but it won’t very efficient. There’s a reason that I don’t raise them), there would be little room left for my best collectors. Then I would have to worry about the duties that ask me to get 1.35g fish/wood.

6 Likes

Terrible update. These duties are specially designed to let players not able to complete all their tasks.

4 Likes

Oh yeah it’s insane, however, I noticed, I have 5 whispering deaths at all levels from 5-71 (4 of which are under level 20) gathering wood as soon as it reached something weird like 250k or more, when I use the gather all horn, that total gets added to what was collected with the whispering deaths…it totally messed up. Not sure if that will work for you, or if it’s a glitch but yeah. In the pass 25 minutes I was able to gain 9.5 million

2 Likes

Ich finde, auch dass es jetzt klar ist, was ihr wollt. Nämlich dass keiner den Saisonpass erfüllen kann. Na prima. Mit 4 Drachen, die nicht voll gelevelt sind, 200 Millionen Holz holen? Ich schaff die 300 am Tag mit Müh und Not mit gut gelevelten Drachen. So verliert die Tagesaufgabe ihren Sinn. Schade,

1 Like

Translated From German

“I also think that it is now clear what you want. Namely that nobody can fulfill the season pass. Well fine. Get 200 million wood with 4 dragons that are not fully leveled? I manage the 300 a day with great difficulty with well-leveled kites. So the daily task loses its meaning. Pity,”

Unfortunately, our forums are currently only in English; we have translated your post using Google Translate. In the future, please remember to include an English translation.

1 Like

Same here, got 3 of those duties today, all of wood. Two were from especies who are bad gatherers and the other I didn’t had a sufficient leveled dragon, Then used the option to change one daily duty and got another duty of the same type, and now is impossible to get Gobber’s pack. Please remove this type of duty or at least consider what dragons and levels the player had to see if he can do the task

4 Likes

Same here. That must be the worst idea I’ve ever seen. Most of the dragons are not levelled enough to get the resources in time and/or are not good collectors.

3 Likes

Hi, I have to collect 200mil wood with a scaldron dragon. Apart from the fact that one has to have a high level dragon to be able to complete that with a particular dragon type in a day, most scaldron dragons don’t collect wood. I have three or four in my dragon collection and none of them are able to do that. I think Berk needs to seriously reconsider the fairness of their daily duties. I would argue that it is impossible to collect wood, fish or iron to that extent with the species who are not good collectors just in one day; and impossible if you haven’t got the right dragon. Both are equally unfair. I know it is a game, but I had thought it was based on things that are achievable, clearly not the case

4 Likes

Worst update in forever!

3 Likes

That’s because there’s still a exact response that none of the other dragons could possibly do wood fish or irons the way as of the previous update has been

2 Likes

I’m glad it isn’t just me. 200M in a day? Ludia, you trippin!

3 Likes

Same. 225m with a monstrous nightmare and 225m with a timber jack. My one levelled monstrous nightmare can collect 3.44m an hour, so would take 65 hours, meaning I would need 3 at level 165 to do this in one day.

Doing this every day for multiple dragon types would mean having to drop out high rate collectors so i won’t be able to get iron and then not be able to level up other dragons so that I can’t get to a point when I can upgrade the forge.

The game has always been badly balanced, particularly against f2p players, but this is an outright piss take.

4 Likes

I guess it’s like all resources are considered to be collected by one species, but it may not be the one that is required. I used the horn and the progress remained 0, only when I specifically go to that dragon and collect did the progress change.

2 Likes

The matching of resource to dragon doesn’t even make sense - yesterday I got the task “Collect 300M wood with Scauldrons”. Of the 11 scauldrons, only 3 are even capable of finding wood. I only have 1 of these three. Even if I had that one fully maxed out, it would take 60 hours to complete the task. Even if I had all three, it would still take 17.6 hours. So don’t sleep or you won’t be able to start the task early enough to succeed despite perfect conditions.

Today I got 100M wood with changewings. Seems more reasonable - and I have 6 changewings that can collect wood. Well, despite all 6 it would still take me 31 hours to get 100M wood.

4 Likes

Same here… It’s not possible to fulfill this daily duties…

And you only can reset one duty… I’ve done that, but it was too late and not enough…

2 Likes

So, after all those messages, what is the position from support, @Ned? Are you keeping those quests or will you rebalance it for more viable ones?

2 Likes

More likely stay silent and hope the issue magically disappears

1 Like

If they stay silent it would hurt themselves. Nobody is going to buy alpha pass and people would play the game less because they would no longer care about daily duties. No gobber’s pack, no premium dragon because half of daily duties are impossible to complete, why care?

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

I’ve seen a fair bit on this issue-I’m hopping I’m wrong, but a response of some sort should have come by now-even if it is sorry, we’re looking into it

1 Like