Ludia Forums

The new mono

With mono FINALLY being nerfed, there has been a replacement for it. This replacement, as I’ve seen, is velosrhacos. People just boost it to oblivion, which is even worse thanks to it having the attack of bary with 130 speed and two rampages that have no delay. Then you have its other two moves, deliberate prowl, it increases crit chance to 55%, than there’s crafty strike, which most people know how frustrating it can be. And yeah yeah, there are resiliants, but most often they would just swap out to a fierce or kill you anyway thanks to its fierce level damage.

6 Likes

I play Velosrhacos and it isn’t that bad lol. It’s nowhere near Metrodon, it can’t go though shields or armour, and it isn’t stacked to the brim with resistances. I’m considering taking it off my team which is in Aviary. Plus if you have Thor or Allosino, even any resilient or cunning with distraction immunity, they can easily beat it. Maybe its more a problem with your team than anything.

4 Likes

I think Velosrhacos is fine. It’s good, but unlike Mono it’s pretty straightforward to counter it. And it can’t beat shields like Mono can.

1 Like

Oh boy here we go again.

4 Likes

25% of my team is resilient, but one of my points is that if they see a resilient, they immediately swap to allosino, and these things are way boosted at level 20. My boosted level 17 rajakylo and Stegodeus lost to these things. Plus, this arena level is constant with level 16-20 legendaries. Maybe be decently leveled epics but those are rare compared to your indoms.

Nah, I doubt that the vast majority of players will think that Velos is OP

3 Likes

I hope so and i dont use it myself. But we know there will be something that people will have on here to scream for nerf. Question is what will it be this time lol

1 Like

Then swap to a cunning and predict the swap in.

1 Like

There will be, but I don’t think you’ll see as many strong arguments as for Monos nerf. Plus ludia demonstrated with Mono that they’ll check for themselves before making changes, they don’t just take the community’s word for it.

3 Likes

It’s not really so much the new Monolometrodon as it is sort of the new Phorusaura/Indo G2. Frustrating, to be sure, but not OP in this meta.

3 Likes

Velos-Sama

6 Likes

Bruh velosrhacos is fine. I do use it so I might be biased, but its pretty easy to kill, it gets countered by resilient abilities easily!

2 Likes

agreed, I haven’t really payed attention to it much, only time I really have is during skill tourneys, and I think its fine, gets shut down pretty easily by shields and decel

1 Like

Velosrhacos is a really straight forward cunning, it is easily countered by resilients, but also powerful to counter a lot of fierce that doesn’t have over-boosted attacks or, well, something like INSTANT CHARGE (sorry for the yelling but instant charge is kinda op on fierce). Also them swapping out Velosrhacos to Allosino isn’t Velosrhacos’ fault, its just the way they played it.

1 Like

Cleansing Impact is far more OP on a fierce. Especially when it’s immune to slow :sleepy:

1 Like

You mean cautious strike?

1 Like

Try working on getting Mammotherium, it should easily beat Velos and due to its stun immunity it’ll also do tons of dmg to Allosino. If you read the opponents moves right you should even be able to kill the Allosino.

1 Like

Velos is WAY easier to deal with than Metro. It pretty much gets instantly shut down by most Resilients, and unless it drops some damage to go for Cautious, it’ll be put into swap range with a single hit by a considerable number of Fierce & Cunnings. It’s not even remotely an issue

4 Likes

Velos is OP? Haha resilient go brrrr

Also, if your team is only 25% resilient in a meta dominated by resilients (Ik it’s more of a swap meta but Magnus singlehandedly changed that), then Velos will be more of a problem for you than it may be for others, building certain legendaries like Mammotherium or Eremoceros will let you bring it down easily.

1 Like