The Poor Man’s Magna

We all know that Monolometrodon is basically just a poor man’s magnapyritor. Similar moveset, stats and resistances. Only major differences are the rarity and the components. Why Monolometrodon isn’t a rare is beyond me (like another common-bred legendary we all know), but we unfortunately have to deal with it being a legendary. So, here’s a rework of it.

It’s resistance to distraction is unwarranted, considering that it’s components had anything similar.

Also, by what authority is any creature allowed to have 75% rend resist? That’s just ridiculous.

7 Likes

I was up against a level 30 one a couple of days ago, and it did not go well for me.

11 Likes

How was it boosted?

I don’t recall the exact number but I believe most of the boosts went into damage and speed

1 Like

That, sucks. He’s the only reason I still have phorusaura on my team lol

2 Likes

Ah, that’ll do it. Honestly, anything that can get over its weaknesses with boosts alone needs some nerfs to balance it. In my case, I think it should probably lose a few resistances, namely, rend, distract and decel.

1 Like

It shouldn’t have the decel resistance with how much speed it’s got

Decel immunity, actually, which is worse.

1 Like

Yeah it’s a bit crazy that it’s got all these abilities and resistances and is still not considered for a nerfing. This creature literally contradicts ludias supposed rule that a creatures power is decided via the rarity of it’s components and the difficulty to obtain them, by this rule Monolometrodon should be one of THE WORST legendaries not something that can go head to head with uniques and win easily

2 Likes

I hate this thing. As you say it’s ridiculous that it can steamroller uniques so easily.

I came up against a boosted beast at Lv26 and it ripped through a diverse team of Lv23/24 uniques.

I hate losing to any of the unbalanced dinos as it just seems unfair but if they are uniques I can swallow the medicine as at least people had to work to get them. This thing can be fused quickly and easily.

The Lv26 one I mentioned was in a team with mostly lower-level epics, which underlines how out of kilter it is with the game mechanics.

2 Likes

Yeah, 50% rend resistance would be plenty

1 Like

I have a boosted 25 indo that went up against this thing and lost to it because the speed was psycho boosted and I knew swapping in any decel creatuture wouldn’t help, to end this story I’ll say he steamrolled my Indo killed my maxima and then finally died to my orion. then quetz was finished off by a speed boosted raptor easily :expressionless:

1 Like

Es mejor ponerse a crear varios dinos y no únicamente quejarnos de ellos, antes del Nerf el Ardentismaxima acabo con todo mi equipo y no me queje de ello, al contrario, mejor busque dinos que pudieran acabar con el; el indo al igual que otros únicos le metieron Nerf por lo mismo antes eran bestias y ahora ya ni a dinos Legendarios resisten.

Mod Edit

Translated From Spanish

It is better to start creating several dinos and not only complain about them, before the Nerf the Ardentismaxima I finished with all my equipment and I did not complain about it, on the contrary, better look for us that could end it; the indo like other unique ones they put Nerf to him for the same thing before they were beasts and now not even Legendary dinos resist.

Unfortunately, our forums are currently only in English; we have translated your post using Google Translate. In the future, please remember to include an English translation.

Please don’t touch my mono. It’s one of the highest leveled on my team.

I’ve never heard of people complaining indo’s too powerful plus unlike those two UNIQUES this is a legendary that can kill uniques easily, we all have this guy and we all agree he’s pretty unbalanced for his genetic makeup and he deserves to have a slight nerf because he’s currently a bit OP

Well, the thing about that is that Monolometrodon has no business being as good as it is. Again, nothing should ever have 75% rend resist. That’s stupid. Nor should it have the amount of Resistances as it does. The immunities are fine. Those come from Dimetrodon, but it shouldn’t have eights out of the nine possible resistances.

For Ardentis, the stuff was actually somewhat justified. The resistances came from Seco and Ardont, the health came from Brachy, as did the armor and crit, and most of the moveset was somewhat reasonable upgrades.

3 Likes

The nerf won’t make it useless it should hopefully just make it balanced

Cómo tal no creo que sean todos los que estén de acuerdo, antes si se quejaban mucho del indo por eso les quitaron su ataque rompedefensas y ahora solo es devastación que con un escudo se evita; yo tenia al indo pero lo quité porque después del Nerf que le dieron incluso un indominus acaba con el.

Mod Edit

Translated From Spanish

As such, I don’t think everyone agrees, before if they complained a lot about the Indo, that’s why they took away their defense-breaking attack and now it’s only devastation that can be avoided with a shield; I had the indo but I removed him because after the Nerf they gave him even an indominus he ends up with him.

Unfortunately, our forums are currently only in English; we have translated your post using Google Translate. In the future, please remember to include an English translation.

Yes the indo didn’t deserve the nerf I fully agree with that and rn he’s in dire need of a buff but if you had read my post you’d see the things this nightmare can do you’d be stepping right in line for a slight nerf. this thing is a monster with the combination of its immunities stats and moveset

I wonder why that is?
Because it’s so easy to level up! I dropped mine a month ago and I leveled it to 26 from scratch when 2.0 happened. It seemed unstable to boost it, because it is prime for a deserved nerf.

1 Like