Ludia Forums

The problem with gems

If you see this Ludia,PLEASE hear me out, first off I love the game it’s heart-throbbing and exciting,but then characters start to send you pictures,and you need gems to unlock them,100 gems for a pic? It would be better if it was just around 10 gems to save gems for the other characters,daily rewards are way too low,maybe around 20 or more than that would be much better,and then lastly, using gems for good choices,I don’t want to make bad choices but since a good choice needs gems and you don’t have enough gems for that choice you have no choice but to use the bad choice,it’s dissapointing. I love the game so much but you guys just took gems way too far, if I end up having no more gems I would just delete the game and that’s it, if you LUDIA can improve these problems it would really be appreciated a lot, make the game fun to play but not so expensive,if you want more people to play your lovelink game then at least take my suggestions seriously.

11 Likes

100% agree! Yeah, I understand that limiting the number of available gems is necessary for gameplay. But currently, it’s too imbalanced. I almost never open pictures and never spend it on emojis, and always have trouble spending it during dating scenes. That’s my biggest complaint about the game design so far.

8 Likes

Agreed. 15 daily gems when most actions cost 180-300 is an insult. I know they want us to spend money but c’mon, give us something to play with.

6 Likes

I agree the gem choices for pictures/emojis/ “good answers” are a bit ridiculous. I get they need to make money but 150-300 for a picture is a bit much i think it should be like this
Pictures = 10-15 diamonds
Emojis and good answers =5 diamonds

8 Likes

Ludia should add the daily gem login that increases if you access the game everyday, 100 gem gift in linking account feature , more 50 gem gifts in invite friends and sub premium feature with doubled gems

6 Likes

Idk if it’s just coincidence, but this morning I noticed A LOT more paid emoji options. Idk if they just normally increase as you level with a character, but I’m only in like the second level with most of them and every other one I’m given seems to be a paid option where it wasn’t before with others. Like my first few conversations had no paid options. I’m almost out of gems again and it’s ridiculous. There should be an option to pay for the game or specific characters and then not have to bother with gems. There’s no way to keep up unless you only actually care about one character and use the rest to try and farm for them.

2 Likes

I also feel like we don’t need premium emoji options… we already have pictures and premium dialogues and those two cost a lot to pick, while gems obtained from leveling up relationship and free ones are too low compared to how much we need to spend them

But like @Marcus_Alan said, Pictures for 10-15 gems and Emojis and premium answers for 5 gems seem reasonable given the number of interesting matches we have, the amount of pictures, premium emojis and pictures, and the amount of free gems we can get

2 Likes

I’m just going to say this:
I have Android and when you look at the pictures they have for the game in the Play Store, it has a picture where a premium response is 10 gems… but in reality it is more like 180. Same with unblurring pictures: it says 100 gems but in reality it is 300.
That, to me, is false advertising imo.
I mean, I ain’t thrilled at the amount of gems we need to spend on certain responses, etc. but at the very least have the promotional pictures match what is in the game for some consistency.
That’s my two cents. I tend to be a patient person so I work around, haha. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

To make both dev and lovelinkers happy, how abt this; emoji should cost 15 gems , while the phrase choice in the chat should be varied , instead of 2 choices, make it 3 like 12, 17 and one free, and the phrase choice in the date should be 50/60 , and the images should cost 120 not 300 , which is a robbery!

So glad I am not the only one who agrees that the pricing for things is just crazy. If they don’t want to change the amounts for the free version of the game that’s fine man. I freaking bought Dream Daddy. I will totally spend money to buy this game. I love almost all the characters and not having the chance to do the “premium” options because you have to work so hard for gems just sucks. They need to do something about how imbalanced it is. Like 15 gems every few hours is cool. But then I have to wait days do get the amount needed to get to the next section with a character. I would even settle for buying characters and resetting things with them and working to finish the story. I mean it’s a dating sim game and it feels like it is more focused on you buying from them then the actual game play.

I completely agree. I LOVE this game but the “free” gems vs. the “paid” choices is too one sided. Either need to be able to earn more gems or have choices/pics/emojis not cost as much. I’m super excited to see what happens.