Ludia Forums

The Trykosaurus balance hole

I kinda hope that thor gets its speed back so it can counter tryko. That would actually make thor valuable not only in the raids but also in the arena.

1 Like

Well the counter makes it 2250 base damage technically.

I think 25% crit and 4250hp is fine with the 30% armor

What confuses me most about this update is that there were so many perfectly balanced creatures, like Tryko, who have now been buffed to OP. I can’t understand why anyone would look at this and not see the problem with giving Tryko these abilities.

4 Likes

Eh 30% armor isn’t that the same as it used to be, maybe 4.4 to meet half way then?

1 Like

True but again the counter wouldn’t be a problem it’s cool and unique feature like constrictors counter, or Gemini’s definite shield, it just the fact it can cleanse distraction with the impact that makes it so op

4 Likes

I always wanted Trykosaurus to be the slowest with the old stats. I would be okay with Trykosaurus getting 30% crit back and 4500hp if it was slower than true chompers, since it slows now anyways

Like imo it should be 100 speed, but that is me

1 Like

you were right, the update didn’t kill tryko maybe did the exact opposite :sweat_smile:

id say 103-104 at the lowest. as it uses its tail as a ballast while running.

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t mind if tryko kept its current moveset, kept 30% critical and armour, 4800 hp, 1600 attack but nerfed its speed to 102 like Rex, makes sense logically because a rex with armour should move slower than a rex without

1 Like

Ya that works, but that would also mean maxima and Gemini, the croc and like so many other non hybrid chompers beat it sooooo

I would just update the description. It is scientifically nonsense that THAT tail would by any shape or form help agility

I rather have balance than a cool lore bit personally

Uhhh, not really, because it slows them turn one then deletes them turn 2

The croc gets melted and I think it has higher dps than Geminititan because of the armor soaking part of the slow rampage

it’s more like a counter balance. with its armor tryko is pretty forward heavy. the weight on the other end would keep it from tripping or falling forward while running.

1 Like

But croc always has cleansing and stun, also Gemini is immune to slow.

We need more creatures like magnapyritor.
Resistent to decel, fast and high damage with shattering abilities and distraction.
Cunning - Fierce creatures should technically counter fierce - resilient creatures.
Tryko is fierce and resilient and magna is cunning and fierce. The cunning part of magna counters the fierce part of tryko and the fierce part counters the resilient part. While tryko also counters the cunning part of magna, its not enough to stop magna from killing tryko.

5 Likes

But I am making a topic on fixing the three broken amigos (tenato, tryko, maxima) so I will be also taking ideas from here plus you do have great points

2 Likes

how is tenonto broken? i think it’s pretty balanced all things considered.

1 Like

That’s honestly something I never thought of before…rhino should also be one since it’s a cunning resilient creature “technically”

Mostly it’s the strike, with that’s attack it just instantly destroys any speedsters, if it were just SS would be fine gives speedsters something to lean on

2 Likes

Monolorhino is also kind of a good counter but it doesn’t have the damage output.

2 Likes