Ludia Forums

There need to be a better way to get locked dinosaurs like the pyroraptor

I’ve been trying to get the pyroraptors for months so I can make the carnoraptor and eventually make the super hybrid. But after so long I decided to take the special offer and buy them for bucks and had to spend 3500 dB to get the last 2. The same goes for the monolophosaurus I still need 1 more to make the hybrid and have been looking for it forever. I’m thinking of spending 1750 dB’s to get the last one as well. I know you can unlock them if you are under lvl 50 or so in events, but I’m lvl 90 and that update came way after I reached lvl 50+.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the base creatures currently locked without any unlock events will stay locked till an announcement or an update comes. This information was given by @Keith, we have to wait till Ludia makes an unlock event.

1 Like

Monolophosaurus does get unlocked during Rare unlock weeks, the last of which might have been the week of August 24

3 Likes

Yeah, there really is no good way to get creatures like Pyroraptor, Allosaurus, even Monolophosaurus, etc. without purchasing them for DB. Personally I think it’s a good thing, this way there’s always something in the game that you’re striving for, instead of owning every dino in the game and basically playing on Sandbox Mode. If you’re level 90, you really shouldn’t have a problem spending 1750 DB per locked hybrid component like Pyroraptor.

2 Likes

i would really like a rare unlock week with nasutoceratops,pyroraptor and monolophosaurus

2 Likes

Shouldnt need to, what with all the knew content added to the game what’s the point in keeping creatures like corythosaur and scapthognathus locked? And the ones used for hybrids I’ve got easily twice the amount of copies needed of said locked creature.

When every battle stage was a new creature unlock increasing level by level was actually quite fun, none of these silly amounts of dna or regurgitated card packs containing unays and pteras now that’s what I call stale…

Basically if you play the game long enough you can be the one laughing at all these silly DB and real money offers for pyroraptor, tyranotitans and prionosuchus because youl have plenty of copies, pay for the copies if you want yeah but youl regret it in time

2 Likes

Rajasaurus. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Got over 30 copies of him since playing lol

2 Likes

24 copies here. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Back to @Andre, we currently do not have any unlock for Pyroraptor but we have that of Monolophosaurus as @Andy_wan_kenobi said.

I would advice you to wait for another copy from Prize Drop or Packs, but if you have the DBs you may go for it — Dimetrocarnus is an excellent superhybrid.

2 Likes

I decided to go for it since I have enough S-DNA to make 5 copies of the super hybrid which would be really good for my lineup.

3 Likes

so this is a funny story because one day I was gonna play jwtg casualy and out of the blue in my inbox says that I unlocked monolophosaurusand I got a free one and I was like WHATT AND I already have the hybrid!

@indominusrexgen2 is right they should do one with pyroraptor, nasutoceratops, giganotosaurus, and rhamperynchus

I’m an “oldschool” player, been playing this game since 2016. That being said, I must ask, did they change how creatures are unlocked? I got pyroraptor via a Battle Stage, just like the rest of the base creatures when I was in the early-game stage. Was this altered? Do Battle Stages not unlock things anymore?

1 Like

Back in December? of 2019 they changed the battle stage unlocks, removing some of the creatures from there and replacing them with other things like DNA, packs, and other unlocks. There is a list somewhere in the forums of the creatures that have yet to receive unlocks after the reshuffle of the battle stages. In other words, if you played after the reshuffle happened, you can’t unlock certain creatures. And there are some creatures that if you level up too fast before you can unlock them when you are low level, you also can’t unlock, like the Tuojiangosaurus to name one.

Edit: Here is the list of locked creatures made by @Jurassic_Fury Problems With Dinosaur Market

2 Likes