Therizinosaurus texture bug?

Therizinosaurus looks… Really off compared to the other swift theropods and even any of the other feathered dinosaurs. It’s feathers look like fuzzy down and it’s a bit offputting compared to the feathers of something like Erlikosaurus
therizino
therizinos

3 Likes

Its because its based on the JWD model which has different feathering

Considering the Jurassic World Evolution 2 model

5 Likes

still looks weirdly smooth

2 Likes

I unlocked theri through a sanc and also thought it looked a bit weird

2 Likes

Again, its because of the JWD model

They’re clearly ripping it from either frontier or the CGI artists

1 Like

That’s a shame. I’m not usually one to comment on how a creature looks but this thing appears mangey and undeveloped. Its worse when we have been waiting on Therizinosaurus practically since release and then we get this turd bucket in its place. Is there anything they can do to fix it? If so, would they fix it?

4 Likes

Finally, they Can’t Because thats the model in JWD

no they are not LOL it’s a mobile game, they make their own versions of the models in a lower quality for mobile games because they can’t handle the same models as a million dollar blockbuster or a game for high spec pcs. They even show it here, they make their own versions of models from movie dinos: Jurassic World Alive | Making of Indoraptor - YouTube

3 Likes

You know they can scale down the polygon count in the model :smh:

Also I know of the existence of the making-of’s I just highly doubt that with the theri render being quite literately ripped out of JWD by fronteir, that ludia would’nt want to get in on the action

1 Like

not to mention artists as well

Stares at Arambourgiania

2 Likes

Still better texture then what i come across!

sorry you had to find out this way, but Ludia just uploaded a making of Therizinosaurus video, it’s their model… (1) Making of - Therizinosaurus - YouTube

1 Like

If I were you, I’d actually look at the intro, its a theri model

I could be mistaken but the Theri video seemed to start no different than any of the others.

1 Like

It starts with a more or less complete (uncolored) model

that is the mesh creation, as in before that stage it was a ball. It’s from scratch they just didn’t show the process of morphing the shape into a theri. If they had access to the official model, why would they strip it down to the mesh and then start over, and even if they did that still means the feathering is still there’s going back to my original point.

1 Like

After seeing the video I see no reason to doubt that the model was not taken from another source and is in fact Ludia made. I am glad they created the making of Theri as it shows decisively that it is their own.

1 Like