These are the times I enjoy „battling“ lol

If that was they strategy, it failed. I bought the boosts and felt I wasted my money. Then I waste my time trying to get battles.

Ludia has to stop thinking arena is what makes the game remotely fun. Exploring, hunting and fusing is what the core is. Battling is why you hunt and fuse but it shouldnt be a chore.

2 Likes

Thats the thing, with a fun balanced arena, battles would be a viable place to play and have fun. For the first year prior to patch 1.7 the game was like that, arena was great. But then various things made it worse and worse over time, and getting to the sewer it is now.

If they fix arena it can be fun again, and i dont mean just rat i there are heaps of things plaguing battles in general, other dinosaurs, bugs, bad matchmaking, arena droppers…you name it, it all adds to the horror show.

All they need to do is put profits aside for a while and work on the player experience to make it great again.

4 Likes

I have suspected for a while now (but cant prove ofcourse) that the entire first year of the game was simply designed to get players hooked and feeling attached to their teams, and thus would spend anything to protect it.

Anyway its just a theory of mine and more of a gut feeling as well as watching HOW the game changes, specifcally in profitable ways.

If you take note of the way things go on, from “profitable bugs” happening over and over, to straight up bait and switch (changing the entry fee AND rules of tournments after they have started) and even things like having massive sales right before the boost rework (many would not have bought had they known how different they would be) making it very predatory.

Players just need to take a step back, look at whats happening and consider WHY they play out the way they do.

4 Likes

I never had fun with arena. Boosts just made the boredom faster. Doesnt help alliance missions insist you do 20 battles and 10 incubators a day.

Its not even like arena is even fast to get battles. So farming battles is a waste of time. I mean if you can get a battle every 10 seconds instead of 2 mins, maybe I could be too engrossed to have time to reflect. Friendlies are broken. Campaigns are do once and no more. Arena gets old when you meet the same opponents and thus the same dinos. Worse you get a team lineup that is guaranteed to lose.

It says something if you spend less time battling and.more time waiting for.battles. Ludia has to fix something either reduce the alliance requirements, fix friendlies, change the 2 min.timer back to 30s or make AI an option from the start. AI battles are actually fun because they are.fast and often easier to beat. Humans tend to be annoying.

4 Likes

It would definitely be a good addition if the game could be played entirely in a PvE sense and not forced to do battles as you say. Actually a number of months ago i suggested a “scailing” battle tower where rewards and battles got tougher and tougher over time… @Sixty-Four believes this is where Ludia took ideas for the Campaign thing, ive not played it myself but from what he tells me it sounds exactly like what i suggested all those months ago.

However if its a “do once and forget” thing as you said, that wasnt what i had in mind when i suggested it, as i had hoped it would reset from time to time (weekly, monthly whatever) and be thus an alternative to arena. I suggested such a tower back when i started finding arena less and less fun and was almost solely playing strike towers, and thus why i suggested it.

I might actually login some time when i wanna chat to my alliance and have a look first hand.

But yeah, a fully PvE viable alternative to arena would be nice, perhaps have those PvE battles be counted as matches for alliance missions? that way those who like arena can contribute that way, and those who cant stand arena (yourself, myself and so forth) would have been able to contribute THAT way.

But at the end of the day, we can suggest things all we like, ask for improvements, balancing being done, nerfs (though id rather concrete counters) but in the end Ludia are the only ones who write the code and put new features, so ultimately its on them to heed our advice.

4 Likes

This was my suggestion i made back in June, as you have played the campaign maybe you can see if its like i suggested?

5 Likes

they only count the first time you do them. You can redo them but they dun count towards the alliance or personal counter so that reduces the incentive to play them.

Essentially, I dun like wasting time doing something I hate. Go out and hunt for 6 hours is fun. Sitting on my behind and doing a Hunchback of Singapura impression is not fun. Also makes you unhealthy

2 Likes

Haven’t heard of Hunchback of Singapura before. That’s a first :joy:

1 Like

essentially the posture you adopt when grinding battles. Hunched over your phone.

3 Likes

Those predatory tactics are working real great for ya, aren’t they Ludia? Looks to me like more and more of us are getting fed up with it. I know my motivation to even open the game is declining.

3 Likes

Well I think the arena has been decent lol besides rattings and trolling procerats… But I am unboosted and playing for a little sideshow fun. It’s a problem when a player views it as the main thing and what everything revolves around. Even without a rat nerf my little few suggestions would improve it.

At least I think so… I just made a few balance suggestions. Maybe they can think about that. Every dino and every move should have a true counter or 2 at the least.

But we definitely shouldn’t be forced to arena like that. It’s annoying a bit heh. But sometimes I sit back and just battle it out. That boost race and being top 100 keeps you from having lots of matches and some fun.

If they would stop the non sense they would make more money. A loved and cherished game makes more money over time than these quick cash ups.

I have followed games from the 90’s and the ones that still make money 20 years later are ones that just brought fun to its playerbase. And didn’t try to suck it all up in one go.

I don’t know what there analytics are telling them. But from experience. The long lasting for the community games are the ones that survive apocalypse things.

Look at Doom a game from 1993 still going strong as the most popular new games. A game that was for the community even released the source code so they can create levels and mods.

Could you imagine an “arena creator” design your own arena. These are the things that make games last. Not tactics to suck cash like a vacuum.

They should think about that. So you want a long term game that will pay endless from die hard. Or a give me everything now asap and game slowly decreases…

@Ludia_Developers

3 Likes

At the moment, I’m just kind of getting burned from play all around. I’ve slowed down to only working to get the daily’s on just my 2nd account where I’m only 5 creatures from completing my dinodex. Even this is getting to be a dredge. I’m seeing the end coming that I though would have happened a year ago.

I have something a bit more exciting just popping up in life here and this is getting side lined.

3 Likes

Well, at least it’s higher than “AdVenture Communist”! Whatever that may be :stuck_out_tongue: sounds weird.

3 Likes

You’re spot-on! PoGo has been out for over 3 years and is still going strong. I think it’s almost always in the top 10, and I’ve seen it at #1 many times (probably during events). Here’s PoGo’s current standing.

The beauty of PoGo and even games like Fortnite are that I never feel like I need to spend loads of money to keep up.

And CandyCrush and Coin Master only requires money if I want to speed up to get more plays quicker.

If you play in the arena with this game you are almost bound to spend to keep up. Well at least that was the case for me, not any more though. Once bitten twice shy!

4 Likes

Yup, I learned my lesson back in March! Up until then I had spent over $600 on this game, with nothing to show for it. No more!

2 Likes

It’s not that hard to understand the counter to Rat is pinning attacks, Rat doesn’t need a nerf and especially not a counter, since pinning moves are out there, just add it to your team. Tough luck for immunity creatures, perks of being late game dino’s(sometimes)

That’s not what I mean. By that time the vermin already swapped in for 4k damage. I mean a real counter to prevent that from happening in the first place. Without guessing to swap to a tank and taking significant damage anyway. What actual dino is viable with pinning?

Maybe Grypo but the way things are is boosted rat combined with boosted Thor. If you use Grypo so many dinos can just kill it. That’s why I also said buff Grypos attack output.

3 Likes

Its staggering that even after all these months and patch after patch of complaints about the rat and needing something done to at least counter it, the company still doesn’t appear to care enough to do anything about the infestation.

“Money talks, but players walk!” Remember that Ludia.

3 Likes