Ludia Forums

Thinking about giving up this slot machine

Stayed away from the arena for a while and powered up and boosted my creatures anticipating my return. Finally came back. Well, I lost 300 trophies straight off. And that’s wrap folks…

Bye, I guess.

3 Likes

This game teaches one how to handle loosing. You just gotta not let your trophy count matter cause it doesn’t.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Some music to play you off:

3 Likes

and that’s it? you leave without trying … I do not know you but you should try it once again, never give up and have determination in something that leads to the top.

Losing 300 trophies shouldn’t be a match for not trying

anyway, take this

1 Like

This. Just play the game and have fun. If you win, you win. If you lose, you lose.

3 Likes

…or quit the arena solely. There’s more to do in the game than PvP…

4 Likes

Agreed. Although it helps to get your battle incubators.

1 Like

I enter the arena maybe once a week. I raid like mad though.

I learned that the arena is no fun to play so long as boosts and horrible matchmaking exist. I only play the arena once a month to reset my trophy count. The game is much more enjoyable this way.

Awww. You guys are a great group. I really feel the lu…wait a second. Wait a second. Sarcasm! Hahaha, fair play.

I’ve actually been playing since March. I got to over 5000 trophies. And, I do enjoy other parts of the game. What I can’t wrap my head around is, if the point is to advance your team and every time you level up say 21 to 22, you just get matched with a player who is 24 or 25 (or lately 29 or 30), what’s the point of the arena? That’s the slot machine effect…I’ll win the next one, just one more boost, just one more upgrade…

Anyhow…see you all on the battlefield…

1 Like

I know what you mean by that. It has only been this past week for me in Lockwood Estate but I keep being paired with opponents whose teams are level 25-26 and heavily boosted. It is frustrating so I know where you are coming from there.

2 Likes

I do the 10 daily takedowns in the arena and I do not play in PVP again until the next day, before update 2.0 my goal was to be among the best, after they ruined certain creatures, such as the Indoraptor Gen 2, my goal It is no longer to be among the best, but to unlock all possible creatures.
Luckily this is a game, and everyone decides to play it as best they can so as not to get bored, but I understand your frustration with the match, because the same thing happens to me very often.

1 Like

Yep everybody has different motivations for playing the game, fortunately mine is to have fun and I don’t need to be anywhere near the top of the leader board (I accept I won’t be) for it to be fun… makes it a lot less stressful not having to get angry when the Nerf hammer swings… I want to collect all the Dinos…I know I will get bored at some point and do something else, probably when I don’t have many Creatures left to collect and lack of variation in the arena makes it boring for me, as that is my least favourite thing about the game…

2 Likes

The arena, the bane of this game and the cause of so much frustration!

What amazes me most is how Ludia have managed to make the game as enjoyable as it is if you choose not to make the arena a part of your experience.

I do my dbi because the boosts are useful for raid dinos too and make life a bit easier to get the 10 kills on my arena team. The only reason I care about the arena is to get my dbi and get out again now. For months when I started playing over two years ago I eagerly did the battling because I progressed very few days. It was quick and from 0 to 1000 trophies took no time at all. Similarly from 1000 to 2000 and 2000 to 3000. It slowed down a bit from 3000 to 4000 and once I hit aviary at 4500 I was stuck there for ages. The novelty had worn off and it became a grind. Finally I hit 5000 and ever since it’s just been a necessary evil. I will never be a great battler as I don’t have the brain for it, nor do I have the funds for endless boosting.

So I advise you to stop worrying about whether you progress much past where you are now. You are at the point where so many players sit and fester. The only way to move up is to max boost the relevant meta dinos and keep studying the moves etc… which a select few do and they get ahead. But they end up playing people equally as educated in the game as they are and no doubt lose as much as they win at a somewhat later point than where we all end up at some point or another.

4 Likes

That’s :burrito: folks

1 Like

I’m in the same boat as Schtemty. In fact, we sometimes raid together. :wave:t4:
I just don’t view PvP as a challenge. How can it be when ping-pong between players five levels above you and three levels below you. Then after about five losses to OP teams, I get a little bit of a sick satisfaction destroying a lower-level team? The arena is not a mentally healthy place, and I avoid it like, well…
…that idiom doesn’t work anymore, but I think you get my point. I LOVE raids though.

1 Like