Ludia Forums

Thinking of benching MRhino for Scorp3

I’d lose all swap in damage but I would have some swap utility with a counter attacker a stun and the monstrosity that is scorp…Would also consider maybe losing gemini? It would make team easier to level without exclusive dna as much. Opinions?

Honestly I’d level up Skoon some more and drop Gemini for SRex instead.

8 Likes

Tento, smilo and Spynx are heavily boosted so they arent replaceable, I love skoona and mammolania so they arent really going anywhere. That just leaves mrhino, gemini and mag. Mag hard counters grypo and looks to do pretty well against scorp so unsure of getting rid of those resistances

1 Like

Yeah thats prob a pretty good idea

2 Likes

Gemini is good, don’t get me wrong, but Skoon counters about 90% of the same things that Gem does, plus a few that Gem doesn’t. SRex is a much better flock killer than Gem is, and adding another good Cunning to your team would definitely be beneficial

5 Likes

Scorpios Rex 3 has a good moveset so bench Gem for Scorpy.

3 Likes

Ya I have to agree with everyone else whose responded, it’s better just swap out Gemini for scorpius.

2 Likes

S.Rex g3 is great, isn’t it?

2 Likes

I would replace magna with SR3. I think have a swap in is a must and there’s too many tradeoffs involved in building magna. You’re always lacking somewhere.

2 Likes

Actually now the Scorpius is a thing magna might gain relevance as it is a 100% counter. Along with it being immune to slow. Sure Gemini is good but it’s kinda lost it uniqueness due to skoona just being better. While nothing has yet taken magnas place.

Like for Gemini you can replace it with tryko, dio, max, skoona, lux, mammolania.

For magna it’s very few to none that really fill it’s role. Monolometradon used to be the best but we know how that went. Besides that nothing can replace it’s as a hard hitting shatter and distracter. Not even Scorpius sine it really while on bleed to take down tanks while magna relys on it attack and immunities.

1 Like

I would say to just switch it out with Gemini or Mono and try it out for a few days. I would not use Scorpius as a starter. I have fun with all 3 scopius’s when someone pulls or swaps in a Phorasaura. I swap in what ever scopius I have to counter and have them waste their instant attack and then I’m faster. I would say to bring up the legendary scopius also if you can.

I’m actually having fun with my Rex team.

2 Likes

i don’t think magna is a 100% counter though. it’s going to be guessing games as to when you use nullifying impact vs SR3 using critical ambush.

Nope 100% test it out; using ambush either turn 1 or 2 doesn’t matter and if it doesn’t distract turn 1 it dies in 2 impacts

2 Likes

Basically using DI insures you can’t die and the nullify turn2 solidifys the hybrids demise. Just DI, NI, FR and scorpius is bye bye.

1 Like

What if scorp swaps into magna, he comes in faster, prob nullify turn 1 at that point id imagine. Does that change outcome i wonder?

Eh @Country_Cruiser depends but doesn’t seem like it
It’s really rng then but Scorpius could probably win if it’s swapped in

2 Likes

Looks like magna pretty hard counters it, thats gotta be good for variety. Help keep magna relevant and scorp def seems like its going to be meta relevant