Ludia Forums

Thoradolosaur: Gift vs Grind

You need to level your own dinos and boost them, to work their best, yes. 9 speed tiers is nothing compared to the 18 that thor has. Both Irri and Magna ingredients are global spawns, and pyro isn’t too difficult to get either. Just gotta work for it.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, Sino is possibly the easiest Epic to farm, especially when it only needs 50 for an Allosino spin, as opposed to 200 Epic a spin like for Erlidominus, and then just two commons that everyone sees multiple times a day easily…

1 Like

And thor has counters that are even easier to make

4 Likes

Are they Endgame Super-Hybrids like Thor?

Spyx can be hunted, so can mags and mono, indos would work wonders, heck even indom could work in a pinch

1 Like

First of all, thor isn’t end game. More like mid game. Allosino is more end game. But there are super hybrids like mags and spyx and erlidom, the latter of which is completely global. Next you got a bunch of other mid-game creatures that crush it like indom, allosino, and a super hybrid called indoraptor, and you cannot say that thor is harder to make than indoraptor

1 Like

Indoraptor is the only Unique creature just as easy to make as Thor. Magna and Spyx components are able to be obtained in the wild like Thor, but they aren’t handed out the way Sino is, and also require 2 rares and 1 epic and 2 epics and a common, respectively vs 1 epic and 2 commons.

Stigydarex and dracocerato are just as easy, and also on par with, if not better than thor. And they probably do better in a boosted environemnt

1 Like

Those two creatures are strategy based. You don’t see people complain about them because they are situational. High leveled Boosted Thors Can chomp their way through their counters.

2 Likes

Against a max and gemini, they are lucky to get an impact and instant charge off. With spyx and indo gen 2, their damage is pitifully reduced. And with allosino, Thor gets an impact off and dies. There are so many ways to counter thor. Thor isn’t some invincible creature

2 Likes

In an equally leveled situation, sure. But that’s not the case in the Aviary.

1 Like

Players on here need to realise that dna availability differs the world over , if I’d have chosen, I could have levelled Thor at 30 before even being able to make erildom or spyx , not because I wasn’t bothered, but because the dna just wasn’t available , even now I don’t have erlidom. Thor is probably the most common unique a player can make , which kinda make nonsense of the word in all honesty.

2 Likes

You weren’t playing when Draco had swap in rampage I take it?

While I do understand frustration with nitro Thor the issue really isn’t with Thor so much as it is boosts, Thor just happens to be the poster child for everything wrong with them.

When it comes to counters though, there have been several options listed, some of which are more easily acquired and leveled than Thor is and they don’t even need to be super hybrids, you just have to be willing to invest in them

2 Likes

No, I’m relatively new but I have heard the stories about that thing the “swap nuke” lol

The problem with investing in those direct counters that aren’t super hybrids or are lower rarity is they are a risk to be subject to hard changes and could end up being a huge waste of time, coins, amd DNA. As most have said, Monolometrodon may be a good option NOW, but from what I have read it was pretty weak before 2.0, and with just how good it is currently vs how easy it is to make, I believe it won’t stay in power much longer.

I agree with you, but lessons should have been learnt, the devs are shying away from tackling the speed boosting situ, partly because of backlash from players, but more importantly because it’s there business.

2 Likes

Yes, and there are uniques that are also relatively easy to create that also counter thor. You just need to invest in them

1 Like

They don’t need to be super hybrids to be worth investing in. Plenty of legendary in library. Honestly I’m not really sure what you’re after other than maybe venting frustration, you’ve been given counters to Thor, most of which are leveled and created faster.

Being a super hybrid doesn’t mean a dino is immune to be nerfed, so using your argument no one should boost because that dino could be worthless by next update

This can happen to any creature, no matter the rarity or components, so saying “I do not want to invest in a creature like monolometrodon as it can be nerfed” is almost like saying “I do not want to invest in a creature like geminititan as it can be nerfed”

Boosts are Pandora’s Box honestly, and while they’ll never go away they shouldn’t be immune to being rebalanced. No matter why game you play there’s always going to be people that are unhappy, fixing the issue with boosts to try and make the game enjoyable for everyone should be something they look at

1 Like

I didn’t say that in all fairness @Robbiejordan suggested it @ElEduardo name a unique that can be levelled as fast as Thor that counter him other than indo

1 Like