Ludia Forums

Thylacotator or Alloraptor

So seeing as AlloR isn’t suited as a speedster (would be replacing Utasino if it was), im seeing it as the tank buster everyone says it is. My Thyla fits this role and I like how it works, but i like the AlloR’s design better…is it a fair replacement for the spiny cat?

I haven’t unlocked Alloraptor yet but I love my Thylacotator soon to be level 22.

1 Like

I love Thylacotator mine sits at 29 atm I’ve got allo but Thylacotator in my opinion is much better.

2 Likes

I have never used Thylacotator (except in epic strike towers), but I have used my level 17 Alloraptor in Aviary as a joke for some time. Although my creatures and the creatures I face in Aviary are between level 20-24, it actually helped me a lot against slower opponents. The distracting moves on the first turn help a lot to get the rending takedown set up. I don’t like using it as a starter, since basically every other speedster beats it in every way. I still prefer Thylacotator over Alloraptor though, because the mix of bleed and rending takedown seems much better than a distraction and a rending takedown mix.

1 Like

Thylacotator is more versatile, while Alloraptor only works against chompers and most tanks.
Thyla has speed control and a good SIA too.

In my opinion, if you’re thinking about using Alloraptor, only use it for its ability to counter tanks, since there are better chomper counters. If you’re having trouble against Stegodeus, Tragod, etc then it’s worth a shot. Especially the Immune tanks like Ardont and Maxima.

You could still just use it for fun of course.

2 Likes

Maybe i’ll just use it for fun in one of the towers. I dont really have any trouble with tanks since my Magna and two Indos are present and at Library level. Thyla just completes the 4sum of tank-busting chompers and i really enjoy using the cat, but being a fan of raptors; i was pondering over replacing it for the nice looking AlloR…thanks for all the imput, made up my mind now :slight_smile: Thyla stays and will use AlloR here and there for fun.

1 Like

Both don’t shine against the same things…
You face gemini or ardentis?thyla won’t do a lot and will surely die because he can be slow,just pray to not receive 2 crit in a row so you can deliver this mighty 75% hp dmg
in the other side?allo can’t be slow,so first turn,you deal huge dmg,you won’t be slow and you finish them with 60%hp dmg

You face an edmontoguanodon or paramoloch?
well your alloraptor can be stun allowing eddy or a set up para to finish you easily
While thyla don’t care because he can’'t be stun

both are good against stegodeus,first can use bleed ,the second just have to use defense shattering impact and rending attack

Same against trago:even if thyla is slower,he can’t be stun and invincibility won’t be a problem

1 Like

I feel like you get more utility out of thylacotator, but alloraptor is no doubt a better dino for 1v1s, being able to beat the immune longnecks.

1 Like

Lol actually good question who would win in a one v one allo or thyla

Edit: allo wins 100% of the time

But ya I think thyla is better just for the diversity and being able to swap in on tank/ chomper rampages that’s aren’t immune

1 Like

My Thylacotator has destroyed maxima quite a few times tbh… Then again my Thylacotator has 7.5 k health

1 Like

which is surely the most you can have and in any case,you end up with thyla low hp and slowed.
If a thor come up next turn,you are roasted

Nope I can have more hp on Thylacotator it’s only boosted to 17 atm…

Oh as for thor… Depends on the speed it has I’ve taken a few Thors down with it

1 Like