Time To Settle This

Bear will live through lrar unless it crits. It will then heal and cleanse.

But seriously - why would you put yourself in a situation where your bear or skoona are gonna be lrared? This is a team game, not 1v1…

Yeah but with critical sidestep it can always crit

@Wrothgar1 are you trying to say that phorurex is balanced?
Something that counters 80% of the meta is not in any way balanced

1 Like

no

Quetzorion can counter phorurex

Quetzorion

I have never heard anyone say they like power creep. I understand wanting to see new dinos, but do you want to see almost exclusively new dinos?

If they improve the class system making it more variable and interesting then I think we could much more interesting creature kits which would then allow for more diverse kits and be easier to balance. Then we could have a much greater variety of old and new creatures. That’s what I want, I don’t like that it’s always the same 12 Dino’s in everybody’s team. I’d like to see more creativity in creature selection, new play styles, and more skill.

3 Likes

Couple things to unpack here.

Yes, I like power creep. Perhaps different experiences. Here’s mine;

Gaming since frogger and pac man.

Lots of time spent in mmos and muds (gs3, ffxi, wow, ffxiv)

Some time in standalone PC games. A little moba (lol) experience.

Moved to mobile games as I got old (clash of clans, clash Royale, mobile legends adventure, castle crush, etc.)

So with my exprience - yes, I like power creep. Its a fun way to keep the game fresh and the community engaged - so long as the barrier to entry isn’t too high. And maybe here it is.

As far as revamping the class system I’m all for it. Less rng please. Less super hard counters.

Now look what you’ve done. You’ve made me go and make a serious post. Blah. I’m going back to my spino is op thread, that’s a lot more fun…

2 Likes

Please reread my posts. I feel my point is pretty clear.

A slower bulky spinocon works well
Around 7.4k health and 2k attack

1 Like

Quetz can counter phorurex but it needs to have nullifying rampage or long invincibility to do it well

Agree to disagree on power creep. That kind of structure, like in as the current state of the game, only benefits shores players, the P2W crowd and ofc ludia. Casual spenders and the f2p don’t. Isn’t the point of the most logical constructive criticisms here is attempting to make the game favorable and good to the majority (not counting some with the double standards). Plus the current state of the game just shows why it’ll never work for people not in shores. Boosts held hostage and ridiculous grinding for other resources only to still be left behind unless you got a wallet

Your argument feels like barrier to entry to me. I agree, should be addressed. This isn’t a new problem. I made this post a few years ago, where I said:

“The paywall/progression wall should be levels , not unlocking. This is a proven method that gets you the cash you need to justify the game, and gives us the carrot we need to justify our time spent on it.”

I stand by that. I’ve never understood why I need (as a recent example) 300 dna to unlock something then 100 to level it.

Boosts are similar.

I can’t link the post. Odd.

There

1 Like

I do not use phorex (encountered just once, in sorna marshes), but from the videos that i have seen, what i don’t like about phorex is its ability to do both the things that its components can, with no consequences, and that is bad considering how its common to find. It can swap in attack and finish, do a priority rampage and kill, do a crit boost-cleanse-speedup and then kill and escape, and do all this all over again while punishing swappers. I think the insta cunning rampage should have a delay and be a revenge (which removes the delay). That way, it can either swap in kill or revenge kill, and not do both at the same time.

guys plz dont go too hard on me, I aint much experienced. But this is what I feel needs to be changed for phorex

5 Likes

Like @Wrothgar1 i don’t mind power creep either.

What would be the point of playing a game if once you reached level 30 on the top 8 dinos that was it?

As new dinos enter it gives me momentum to get out and hunt again, and building them up gives the opportunity to have different battles.

But I’m also getting old, I remember being a lad and playing Pong when it was released then duck hunt, space invaders and asteroids!

Back on topic, I just lost using Phoru to a strong Dioraja so perhaps that’s another to add to the list of counters it has?
Or maybe I just played it badly…. Probably the latter :rofl:

4 Likes

Diorajasaur destroys phorurex but it is not really a viable creature in a PvP team. The main issue of phorurex is that it can run away from its counters but not the opposite. It makes battles completely asymmetrical hence the advantage to run it.

2 Likes

Not replying to anyone specific here just gonna say

Both players and dinos/creatures should not be experiencing this kind of “power creep”

Players should not be punished to much on progression and trying to keep up. While some people with money, patience and skill (not factoring RNG) do deserve to be at the top of shores the rest of the f2p crowd should not be crowded in library/aviary. The “power creep” on progression should not be this unaccesible to anyone not spending/regularly spend. I know it is possible for the vets to get things to 30 on update day, but the rest of those who played enough stuck at aviary/library should not take a month of barely trying to stay with the meta then get kicked in the teeth when barely in gyro just because every update makes things harder and harder to achieve in a certain span of time.

As for dinos, while new dinos should definitely have the incentive to use, it should not be all dumped in that 1 thing towering above the meta then the rest of the team just bow to its opness whether it be new or old. Things like edom and vexus while not being at the top of the food chain should not be at the bottom being prey to even newer legendaries. Say you have a pool of 30 uniques, while all 30 at this point being viable equally isn’t possible anymore (indo and draco), limiting a pool of 30 options to mostly 3 op cashgrabs then the lucky 7 that try to leech on is stupid. Its stupid the gemini and magna you worked so hard for months get dumped and leave you of no place to start again. Its stupid the power gap between something like phorex and spyx is insanely big

1 Like

so all the wallet warriors get rewards and the casual players are punished? thats not ok, power creeep is not good in a multiplayer game with a lot of already cash in advantages, boosts and paid incubators are a problem but cant be done anything at this point, this kind of mindset is horrible for anyone who doesnt play religiously or has the cash to waste

Welcome to the community.

P2w and f2p is a precarious balance. It’s a symbiotic relationship. You need both for a game to be sustainable.

I think the barrier to entry is too high. I think being stuck in aviary for 3 years is boring. I think the game needs better progression.

I think it’s important to address the real problem. It’s not power creep. Its barrier to entry. It’s lack of progress. It’s lack of options.

3 Likes

Well yes I think that the powercreep is happening way to fast, I meant that new players can’t experience new creatures without slowing their progression by a lot. Now, for a veteran, they probably have played at least once with everything in the game, saw a lot of different metas and knows what is good and what isn’t. A new player however doesn’t know that and might want to use older animals because of their apparences/hologram preview. When they unlock said animal and realize it’s bad, they have two choices:
1- Continue to use the newly unlocked creature because they have put a lot of ressources in it and it is easier to level up what you already have but it will have to be a higher level than the norm to complete.
Or
2- The player stop investing in the creature and start working on another one but they have wasted a lot of ressources and a lot of time.

Finally new players don’t have this view of older and newer dinosaurs, they only see new stuff and they may want to use older dinosaurs without knowing they are old.

1 Like