Ludia Forums

Tips: The Best Dinosaurs in JW:TG, by class

HI guys, i am here with this thread. I saw no one ever did a similar thread, so i will try to give my best. Technically everyone chooses which dinos make better for him, but i try to make the best-of-the-best in a thread. Hope you like it.
PS: It is very long.
PTEROSAURS.
10. Tropeogopterus.- Super Rare Hybrid: Tropeognathus+Zhejiangopterus.
immagine 2109 health and 805 attack maxed.

Tropeogopterus is pretty weak, but it is even very cheap and affordable for anyone, since he just costs 7,130 Dna and both his components can be unlocked via battle stage. As you can see it has many attack, so at level 40 it is considered pretty good for Dominator runs.
9. Hatzegopteryx.- Common.
immagine 253 health and 97 attack maxed.
Hatzegopteryx for me isn’t a common like many others. I unlocked it via special event and i haven’t been disappointed about it, so i would tell every low level player to max Hatzegopteryx if they can, for its high attack and even for his health/ attack ratio: something with lots of attack in this case has even good life, also a very handy thing is that lvl 40 Hatzeg doesn’t get 2 shot by maxed Tryke for just 1 life. This could be useful when you are on a very difficult match in a tournament.
8. Tupuxuara. Tournament Creature
immagine 2969 health and 928 attack maxed.
Being Tupuxuara one of the strongest tournament, and even being balanced, how couldn’t it be in this list? Well, even Ptera Gen 2 is balanced and strong, yah? But what makes special Tupi is something else. After having been offered in CoT recently it is tad a bit cheaper than PteraG2, and this is what makes him special in my opinion, but i know some folks here wouldn’t agree.
7. Rhamphorhynchus. Rare
immagine 575 health and 180 attack maxed.
Rhamphorhynchus is pretty expensive for being a rare (750 DNA), but what makes it special is that, after not being locked (unlockable via Earth Shattering Event), is his destroying strength. After that he has loads of attack, but it is even balanced, and two-shotting maxed Nunda is a thing that not many Rare pterosaurs have. After that, it has a very cool look imao.
6. Aerotitan. Super Rare
immagine 689 health and 359 attack maxed.
Aerotitan is locked for Post-Reshuffle player, and we all know this, but the quantity of Aerotitan you can get via Modded PvPs is incredible, and many players here know this. It is one of the strongest Super Rare and has great attack, even if he looks terrible at 40. Aerotitan has also a very good coin ratio.
5. Tapejalocephalus. Rare Super Hybrid: fuses Tapejalosaurus (Tapejara + Monolophosaurus) and 2,000 Euoplocephalus S-Dna.
immagine 6017 health and 1905 attack maxed.
Tapejalocephalus is the only Ptero S-Hybrid (so, how couldn’t it be there!), so that many,
people, if owning Euoplo S-Dna made it. It is balanced and has great attack and health, even if the main problem here for some people is Tapejalosaurus, but we will see him after. His gargoyle look is accepted by many people and the handfulness of S-Hybrids might be one of the best things that Ludia ever made.
4. Tapejalosaurus. Rare Hybrid: Tapejara + Monolophosaurus.
immagine 3007 health and 940 attack maxed.
Now that we spoke of Tapejalocephalus, we speak of his parent: the Tapejalosaurus. For players after 2019, Monolophosaurus is difficult to get and his special event doesn’t come by very often. For this many people can’t make it and send their Bucks on buying Mono copies. Tapejalosaurus is good because it is balanced and it is stronger than many others hybrids, even higher-rarity ones, like Stegoceratops, Tropeogopterus, Parasaura, Metrialong etc. His Dna cost is pretty high (8,520), but if you want something stronger you pay it.
3. Pterodactylus. 20K VIP Creature
immagine 3352 health and 1945 attack maxed.
Pterodactylus is liked by many players for many players: it is one of the easiest VIPs to get, it has decent health/attack ratio. After this it functions well in tournament runs at the level you need it, and let’s say, his look is just amazing at level 40 imao.
2. Scaphognathus. Legendary
immagine 1752 health and 548 attack maxed.
Scaphognathus is THE pterosaur. It is so easy to be found in golden rewards that many post-reshuffle players get away them even if they are locked. But the potential of Scapha isn’t the being a TH fodder, but being one of the best pterosaur, since of balanced stats, very strong: i own a level 40 and it can take down every amphibian the game offered me. Speaking of the handfulness Scapho is one of the best pterosaurs imho, but what comes after him in this top 10 of pteros is superior.

1. Metriaphodon. Tournament Hybrid. Metriacanthosaurus + Dimorphodon.
    immagine 5606 health and 5255 attack maxed.
    Even if he is the strongest pterosaur and has 948 attack at level one, it might not be enough for you, since you might say that it costs an indeign amount of purple strings. But Metria (very strange nickname, could mean Metrialong, Metriacanthosaurus, Metriorhynchus etc.) costs “just” 62,160 Dna. It is one of the best pterosaur for many players, because i know many people that made armies of those (they’re not absolutely Sionsith or Raptor43577, no) that helped them in Tournament runs, because his attack even if with class disadvantage, is just great, for example, at level 1, it doesn’t fear to 3-shot maxed Unay.
    After Pterosaurs, one of the most broken and less-developed Jurassic classes:
    AMPHIBIANS
    10- Diplocaulus.Common
    immagine 284 health and 73 attack maxed.
    Oh, my Flaffy, we begin the list with fire! If we spoke of cuteness, this Triassic North-American Temnospondylian would be in first place (not Gorgosuchus off course), but being serious, Diplocaulus is pretty strong for being a common and the fact that can be found in Mistery Pack helps everyone who wants to max out this little salamander. It can be fused for a ugly hybrid (which we will speak of after), but Flaffy has the highest life in all commons and it is low on this list because it is a common. Labyrinthodontia is another cool common to max, but it doesn’t have the same charme as Diplocaulus off course. The next one seems to be the complete opposite of Flaffy: ugly and weak.
    9- Microposaurus. Legendary
    immagine 1570 health and 491 attack maxed.
    For being a Legendary Micropo is very weak, but where does its potential stays? First of all, it is common in golden rewards, a fact that will let you spare many Dna. After this it just costs 2,500 Dna: for a Legendary, it is like if it didn’t cost, and if you add his soo short hatch time (if you put one in hatchery tomorrow morning it will be ready when you’re having lunch the day after or before, wanna bet?). Ichthyostega is a tad bit better, but not gonna spoil you anything.
    8- Gryposuchus. Tournament Creature
    immagine 2126 health and 1107 attack maxed.
    Gryposuchus, as you all know, has come out last year, so it is a pretty fresh addition for many players. what makes Gryposuchus cool is that costing just 7,500 dna, you have a pretty strong glass cannon amphibian, and we all know that players want glass cannon amphibians.
    7-Kaprosuchus. Super Rare
    immagine 1245 health and 209 attack maxed
    Being a tanky amphibian, it is useful even in Dominator as meat shield (unless you take one of those nasty glass cannon pterosaurs…cough cough Metriaphodon and Pterodaustro). It costs a lot for being a Super-Rare, but his quality are others: you can get them via modded PvP and you can easily make an army of those Kapros. But what Kapro evolves into is the best amphibian, so don’t joke him.
    6- Diplotator. Rare Hybrid. Diplocaulus + Irritator
    immagine 1691 health and 584 attack maxed.
    Diplotator is sooo ugly, but pay attention: it has his positive points (being the weakest rare hybrid doesn’t help). First of all, i thought i got more Diplotators via Modded PvP than Kaprosuchuses. After this Diplo just costs 4,000 Dna, so maxing it isn’t a problem and it can be evolved into a very accepted S-Hybrid…
    5-Nundasuchus. Rare
    immagine 632 health and 162 attack maxed.
    Nundasuchus is a very good amphibian: it has low cost, high life and high attack. Costing 700 Dna and having the same ferocity as Rhampho that costs 50 more is not bad since many medium-level player want to max this guy. Off course it can help you in Hunter League, and the thing that can be found in Mystery Pack off course helps you to max this turquoise and reddish beauty…the next thing cannot be found in Mystery Pack, so it is pretty hard to max, but have a look!
    4- Ichthyostega. Legendary
    immagine 1493 health and 570 attack maxed.
    Ichthyostega is very common in Golden Rewards, so with T-Rex, Unaysaurus (and maybe Scapha, off course! :grinning:) it will be one of the first legendaries you are gonna max. After this, it is one of those creatures that can be unlocked via battle stage (50), so technically it is the first legendary unlock (and has decent attack tho). Since there are many Post-Reshuffle players i suggest Ichthyostega, but if you are Pre-Reshuffle go for Sarcosuchus. If this Salamander can be unlocked via battle stage, the next creature can’t be unlocked, oh well i spoiled, so i desume you understood what kind of creature the next one is.
    3.Prestosuchus. 20K VIP Creature.
    immagine 3591 health and 1870 attack maxed.
    Prestosuchus is almost perfect: easy to find in Solid Gold Packs, high attack with decent life, (being an amphibian values two points) and having low cool down. Even alone it is perfect for Dominator League to take down those nasty tanky Carnis (anyone mentioned Erliphosaurus or Ceratosaurus as well as Tanycolagreus). His only disadvantage is that it cannot be unlocked, but this is an issue with all VIP creature. Next creature can be unlocked, but not always…
  2. Diplosuchus. Rare Super-Hybrid: Diplotator (Diplocaulus+Irritator) + 1,500 Sarcosuchus S-Dna.
    immagine 3415 health and 1410 attack maxed.
    Diplosuchus can be the only S-Hybrid in this list: it is the only amphibian S-Hybrid. Since SuperHybrids are one of the best creatures of the Game, how couldn’t Diplo be in this list? He looks very ugly, but it has high attack, very short cooldown comparing it to Diplotator! I mean, Sarco Dna is just sometimes in the rotation, so you can make X Diplos in a certain period of time, but let’s see who deserves to be on the Gold place of this podium (spoil: it is a “gold” creature
    1- Ostaposaurus. Legendary Hybrid: Microposaurus + Ostafrikasaurus)
    immagine 5149 health and 1967 attack maxed.
    Ostaposaurus is perfect: two dinos that you can unlock via special event, also can be found in Legendary Rumble Pack… after this it has incredible stats: a great life and a great damage, even if we speak of a level 10. Plus, let’s say it, his very masculine and muscle-man look is pretty good. Off course Gorgosuchus would have been there, but Gorgosaurus is pretty difficult to unlock and this is the rotten part of the hybrid. The only disadvantage that Ostapo could have is that it costs more than Indom even if it is a tad bit weaker, but i would personally take it since it is an amphibian.
    Totally, the opposite of amphibians, herbivores are numerous: i wanna present you the ten best herbivores in JW:TG, or at least for me.
    HERBIVORES
    10- Euoplocephalus. Super Rare
    immagine 969 health and 248 attack maxed.
    Every Post-Shuffle player is telling “Why, Theri, why?”. I have my reasons to tell Euoplo is one of the best. First reason, his very short hatch time: just 4h55mins, and considering that at the same stats, Supersaurus has double hatch time i would personally take it over Super. This armored Ankylosaurid has also good stats: not as good as Ankylo’s one maybe, but still Euoplo isn’t as hard to find as Parasaurolophus or others. And after this, if you are Pre-Shuffle, Euoplo just costs 1,000 Dna, so you are gonna use just 7,000 dna to go for a max. The next dino is weaker and easier to find.
    9- Pachycephalosaurus. Rare
    immagine 452 health and 141 attack maxed.
    Pachycephalosaurus can be unlocked via Battle Stage and it costs just 590 Dna. Plus it is pretty balanced and is a decent package of attack and life, so maxing it is a good welcome to your Rare Lineup. Pachycephalos are easy to find wherever you can find them. Uuh, next dino is wayyy harder than Pachy, but still just one rarity above.
    8- Monostegotops. Super Rare Super Hybrid. Stegoceratops (Stegosaurus + Triceratops) + 2,000 Monolophosaurus S-Dna.
    immagine 6033 health and 1885 attack maxed.
    Monostegotops is a S-Hybrid, so he already starts advantaged. His base hybrid is very easy to get since you fuse a medium-cost battle stage-unlock Super Rare with a thing almost without hatch time, so it is easily handlable. Being pretty strong is off course from its part, the only bad thing is that Mono Dna isn’t many times in the rotation. Mono is very ugly, while the next one is pretty cute.
    7-Shunosaurus. Legendary
    immagine 1695 health and 530 attack maxed.
    Shunosaurus is a perfectly balanced legendary herbivore, pretty easy to find in Golden Rewards. For many players it i locked, but the Game offers Bracketed Tournaments for tis guy pretty often. Who has it unlocked knows it costs a little Dna : just 3,100, and for being one of the strongest legemdary, i would say go for it since it is a bargain. Next one is wayy easier to find.
    6- Argentinosaurus. Common.
    immagine 281 health and 72 attack maxed.
    Argentinosaurus is for who needs herbivore help in first game-stages. It costs just 170 Dna and it is the second strongest common herbivore. It is a meat shield and has a little attack but a great health that will help many low-level players. It can also be found in Mystery Packs and is unlocked at very early battle stgae so this guy is gonna help you, because someday it will be fused in a very good herbivore hybrid Imao. Next one is battle stage unlock too, but it is hard to be gained.
    5- Antarctopelta. Tournament Creature
    image 2949 health and 754 attack maxed.
    This Austral Nodosaurid is for sure a bargain in JW:TG, since it gains a good life and decent attack, but also a little dna cost (7,000) if you compare it to other similar things (e.g.Sinoceratops and Nodosaurus), plus something that must be taken in consideration is that you can unlock it via battle stage (95). His only disadvantaged point is that its hatch time is 7 days, so you have to be patient.
    4-Wuerhosaurus. 50K VIP Creature
    image 5027 health and 1421 attack maxed.
    Wuerhosaurus is a good VIP imao. The great, great, great disadvantage is that it costs 50,000 LPs if you want one copy! But his very great point is that it has a very good attack/health rate, so i would prefer it over a Stygimoloch or an Apatosaurus. I know many people wouldn’t think it like me, but for me Wuerho has a great potential. Next one is the opposite of Wuerho. Fun Fact: did you know that Wuerho is the only JW:TG dinosaur that begins with “W”?
    3-Segnosaurus. Tournament Creature
    image 2011 health and 1167 attack maxed.
    Segnosaurus is particular for being a herbivore, since it is a glass-cannon. It costs the medium price for a Tourney: 7,500 Dna. After this it has a strong glass cannon hybrid witha battle-stage-unlockable Super Rare. Afterall, how couldn’t it be in this list being a Therizinosaurid? Next creature is weaker, but it has its why.
    2- Ankylosaurus.Super Rare
    image 1011 health and 259 attack maxed.
    This Club-tailed tank is probably one of the most affordable animals in the entire Game. It is the second stronger Super Rare (if you don’t consider Gen 2s) and has a great bunch of health and for this it can be a good lead in Predator. After this, it has a very low dna cost: just 1,300 dna for a creature that is stronger than Stego and costs less, well it is a bargain . Ankylo is also available via Special Event and can be evolved in a very strong hybrid (Ankylodocus) that costs a lot but it is totally worth it. Next creature isn’t so easy to get but see yourself…
    1-Eolambia. 20K VIP Creature
    image 3830 health and 1796 attack maxed.
    Eolambia is a very easily gainable VIP since it is easy to be found in SG Packs, and it is one of the few glass cannon herbivores. It has pretty high attack but even a decent health. He is very useful in Tournaments: at level 10 with other things i Predator, at lvl. 20 it is good in Dominator with other things, at 30 or 40, good with two fodders in Dominator (unless you meet one of those nasty carnivores we’re gonna list.)
    And here we are, the most awaited moment of this Top Ten (I hope), the most OP class:
    CARNIVORES
    10-Dilophosaurus Gen 2. Tournament Creature
    immagine 3401 health and 709 attack maxed.
    It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s aaa… do you remember the big laughs @Jurassic_Fury @Cagkan_Coskun? Dilophosaurus Gen 2 is here since i had to put a tank carnivore and also it is pretty affordable, but i put him here mainly for being a flying thing.
    9-Suchomimus. Legendary.
    immagine 1614 health and 413 attack maxed.
    Suchomimus is not a weak Legendary, it is the weakest. He is not just locked, he is even difficult to get in Golden Rewards. So you will say, why i put it in this list? Well, you can get plenty of those in Modded PvPs and his weakness means it has a very handlable ferocity; even if you have lvl 10 VIPs (but maybe hold it at 35 or somewhere near that. Afterall, his surname is tenerensis, so he couldn’t be ignored as usual. Next one i think will be liked by our dear mate @Jurassic_Fury .
    8-Rajasaurus. Super Rare
    immagine 881 health and 275 attack maxed.
    Rajasaurus is easy to get, even if he is pretty weak and locked, but i personally prefer it over Spino or Velo for his balanced stats and because the Game will fulfill you with those Rajas, so they are better than Spino Boi or Raptor imao. I haven’t honestly been influenced by @Jurassic_Fury , i just have gotten 11 Rajas and they have been very useful to me in every stage of the Game.
    7- Irritator. Rare.
    immagine 400 health and 153 attack maxed.
    Irritator is cheaper and stronger than Dilophosaurus. Stronger by a tad bit but cheaper by 160 Dna! If you add it can be found in Mystery Pack and it is a Battle-Stage unlock, many low-level players will consider it a very good bargain, so i tell every low-level to max Irritator as soon as they can. Next one could one-shot maxed Irritator at level 1.
    6- Priotrodon. Legendary Hybrid. Dimetrodon+Prionosuchus.
    immagine 6407 health and 2447 attack maxed.
    Prio is the strongest Legendary Hybrid and fuses two locked creature, but if you are a lucky man and click “FUSE-500 Dna” between Unicorn Wizard and Sierra Crocodile, well, click it ASAP, since it is one of the few hybrids that at level ten are stronger than their maxed parents. it has amazing attack, and health, tho: at level 10 1734 and 662. I don’t tell you to buy many of those since they are very expensive, but try to figure them out from a Legendary Rumble Pack is something you should do, and i’m planning for this too! Next one is a similar strength to Super Saiyan Unicorn Wizard.
    5-Indominus Rex Gen 2. Legendary Hybrid: Tyrannosaurus Rex Gen 2 + Velociraptor Gen 2
    immagine 6536 health and 2042 attack maxed.
    Indom G2 is the 2nd strongest Legendary Hybrid and for me one of the best since it costs the same as gen 1, but it is stronger, with way more health. It fuses two Earth-Shattering unlockable carnivores and it is a lot stronger than you think: at level 10 it is 1769 and 553, and i am going for it. Also did you know that Velo G2 gives you in his rewards a lot more food than you need to feed him at 40… another reason to make this beast…but next one cannot be unlocked.
    4-Acrocanthosaurus. 20K VIP Creature.
    immagine 4309 health and 1646 attack maxed.
    I don’t know how can people do not like Acro while they like Dactylus and Presto. It has amazing heath and attack and it is pretty easy to be found in SG Packs. It is a sweetie and i hope you find Acro very interesting since he’s a bargain. Next one is a hybrid…
    3-Cerazinosaurus. Tournament Hybrid. Therizinosaurus + Ceratosaurus
    immagine 9163 health and 3500 attack maxed.
    Cerazino is just a deal and a bargain. It costs just 48,000 Dna, by having almost same ferocity as Yudon that costs 30,000 Dna more! Cerazino is probably one of the best since it joins high ferocity, low cost and even being easily affordable since it is Battle Stage + Monday Unlock (one of the best Monday unlocks.). So buy many Cerazinos! Next one is a hybrid too!
    2-Alangasaurus. Common Hybrid. Alanqa + Majungasaurus.
    immagine 804 health ad 377 attack maxed.
    Alanga is going to be your first hybrid: he deserves the silver place in this list. It has little health but amazing attack, and this is what rends it special. Many late-game Players has maxed many of those since they have very good coin ratio. Alanga costs just 1,280 Dna, and all those things make him a perfect war machine… but number one, ouh number one is…
    1-Indoraptor. Legendary Super-Hybrid. Indominus Rex (Tyrannosaurus Rex + Velociraptor) + 4,000 S-Dna
    immagine 10181 health ad 5302 attack maxed.
    Indoraptr is the 2nd strongest dino in the game and has the highest attack. It deserves a very good place since many level 1 (or what you need) of this beast, are a must for every late-game player. His high attack joins even a good life, all, in just a dinosaur. A bargain, since it costs just 2,000 Raptor S-Dna.
    Boom! Finished I hope you liked it and i underline that the dino i mentioned were not the strongest, but the best, and please write in the comments what to improve and what not. Those ones were all personal choices, so feel free to tell me! And as YouTubers says, if we reach 15 likes on this post i am gonna do acquatics and cenozoics. If i don’t reach those? Well, i understand my work wasn’t enough. Finally Bye,
    Therizino.
12 Likes

So interesting you must have put a lot of work on this :+1: :+1: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

You have my respect for adding Rajasaurus. :pray:

1 Like

I’m not really getting why the regular commons/rares/super rares are in here. Sure they’re useful at lower/mid levels but past a certain point they are pretty much obsolete and their only purpose is to fuse their hybrids or collect coins/hatchling league/insert meager thing creature does.

6 Likes

Davvero un ottimo lavoro amico :clap:
Realtà good job friend✨

[MOD Edit]

Translated From Italian

“Really great job man: clap:
Reality good job friend✨”

Unfortunately, our forums are currently only in English; we have translated your post using Google Translate. In the future, please remember to include an English translation.

1 Like

I am happy you liked it. Also base creature are here since i wanted to help even low-level players .

2 Likes

Great work!!

3 Likes

I agree on Hatzeg he never has lost a battle, until yesterday. :worried: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

1 Like

Uh, ok. I am glad that someone shares my opinion.

2 Likes

but? where is monolophosaurus ???

1 Like

but diplo is beautiful :disappointed_relieved: he’s my strongest creature …

3 Likes

In fact i put him in this Top Ten.

2 Likes

Where is the Pelecanipteryx, because it is no small dinosaur! And it’s not scarce either!

1 Like

Well, since one of its component is locked…

1 Like

So you decide to insert it ?? (Quindi decidi di inserirlo ??) :pleading_face:

1 Like

No, Tommaso… if tou want good flyers search Dactylus, SCAPHOGNATHUS… err search Scapho, Pelecani is not a bargain imao.

2 Likes

You say why his DNA cost is high? Mo looks like it’s 2030 DNA.
In addition to a ferocity comparable to a legendary scarce!
Poor Pelecanipteryx, what’s wrong with him? :tired_face:

2 Likes

That he is locked. Locked ok? Locked! :lock:

2 Likes

Ok ok don’t get mad, I’m shut up! :persevere: :grin: :laughing:

2 Likes

@tommy_paoli I will do a thread on the strongest hybrids of each class, there would be pelikanopterix.

1 Like