To wait or not to wait

When November rolls around it will have been a full year since we have seen any kind of discount or special purchase option on LP packs or anything for that matter.

For many months I have been patiently saving most of my LPs in hopes of some special discount showing up on the LP packs that has not come.

With a full year approaching since last discount i feel like it is safe to say routine or even semi routine special discounts are a thing of the past. Nothing on VIP appreciation day (I’m pretty sure), nothing on anniversary or other big dates like 4th of July ect…

My patience has it’s limits and I’m about ready to cash in some of those LPs for some solid gold packs.

Kinda disappointing really

2 Likes

I am about to cross over the 900,000 LP threshold from waiting for this elusive discount I will be disappointed to say the least if something doesn’t come this holiday season.

5 Likes

I don’t know how long I can have my VIP subscription so my LP’s are really low due to me spending to prize drops

Also @Sionsith do you think there will be a Stygymoloch tournament at the end of year ?

1 Like

I’ll probably try and hold course until the new year, after that all bets are off.

5 Likes

We also gotta remember VIP Appreciation Week which is something I would like to happen at the end f the year…

2 Likes

Typically that happens in July/ summer time. Nothing happened this year, so we will have to see if something happens in the holidays.

Now that the additional benefits as a VIP have stopped (at least for any longtime VIP member) I hope they bring back VIP appreciation week.

6 Likes

Looks up at the stars and ponders…

3 Likes

Noooo I need that Stygy before 2022 starts :joy:

ig this really is a waiting game if uve been waiting for almost a year! wow!

1 Like

No I don’t have time to grind tourneys soo

Seeing all you guys saving your LPs and having them at 1 mil or close - I’m a bit afraid Ludia might ran out of dinos when you all start your spending sprees :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Maybe that’s why they stoped giving VIP discounts? Are they just afraid they can’t fulfill such high demand? :thinking:
I keep my LP count between 100-200.000 so there will be no massive buying for me, even if discount finally resurects…

1 Like

Ludia reading this and waiting for you to spend them all, and the very next day give a VIP discount… :laughing:

6 Likes

for those who have been in discounts, how much is the discount? And is it only for vip?

There was a discount on the solid gold packs last November where they cost 8k lps. This was for everyone. In the past can’t say when but there have also been various special options and discounts for the VIP exclusive packs as well but it has been even longer than a year since seeing one of those. There might have been a twin stygi pack last year offered but can’t say for certain.

1 Like

There have been two offers worth noting…
The first and better one @Subxero11 has mentioned above where the 10,000 LP pack was on sale for 8,000 LP.
The second was a double LP time frame meaning for all LP earned VIP players had 2 x 2 x and regular players had 2 x. So if a regular player earned 500 LP they got 1,000 and if a VIP player earned 500 they got 2,000.

For 10,000 LP pack buying the 20% discount is a better value. But for overall LP generation the 2x bonus is better for everyone.

3 Likes

Wasn’t there once a special for VIPs where all 50k packs were offered at once or something? And maybe even at a discount?

2 Likes

I need that 20% discount on Solid Gold Packs in my life

If my memory serves me right, earlier this year a Twin Stygy pack was offered on sale

But, sometimes when this deal is active, the loyalty points per pack are halved.

See here

3 Likes

I didn’t want to mention that so that I hope Ludia would forget about that so they wouldn’t think about doing that again as that was a real :face_vomiting: thing to do.

2 Likes