Too many connection to game server lost error messages when playing tournament mode

I have experienced lots of disconnects when playing battles in tournaments. The disconnections happen randomly when in battle. Most of the time the disconnections happen when the opponent is deciding what to do or it is about to be my turn to decide what to do. Most of the time when I get disconnected, I check my internet connection but is it still there. What is causing the disconnections from battles? Will switching to cellular data solve this issue?

2 Likes

Hey there, Rocketsfan13. I’m sorry to hear that you are disconnecting during your battles.

If you haven’t already, please reach out to our support team at support+forums@ludia.com with your support key. Our team would be happy to try and provide some troubleshooting steps for you.

1 Like

Same, when the timer hits 0 for the opponent I just randomly lose
It happens rarely though and it only happened twice to me.

1 Like

It’s a server connection issue as far as i know. The game is needy and servers aren’t great. So anytime the internet connection speed drops a bit it has trouble reconnecting.

That’s because the game AI is dependent on server connection to make moves so if the connection is interrupted for some reason it can’t make move and the timer keeps counting down while it tries to reconnect. As i mentioned before the servers are far from ideal and fail to reconnect more often than not . So if the connection is not restored in a certain time frame the game crashes .

This is the case when there’s less time remaining for the opponent than the time the game is allowed to stay open without server connection. So as soon as the timer hits 0 the game crashes as there’s some form of coding that doesn’t allow the bots to lose by time.

2 Likes

I switched over to cellular data and stopped getting disconnected from battles.

1 Like

Btw when you lose on time and the timer hits 0 on your turn, you don’t lose, it just registers whatever points of action you have already put in.
But on the opponents side its the opposite, it crashes the game like you said.

1 Like

Because you’re an actual player and the opponent is a bot . The bot isn’t supposed to run out of time . So they must’ve put something in the coding to ensure that no one abuses it.

2 Likes