Toothless is not upgrading his ability by leveling

Hey guys,
My toothless refuses to level up his ability when I feed him dragons and level him up. I only feed purple dragons with a chance of 38-42%. So far I trained and leveled him to 4*, Lv. 39 but his ability is only at 5/10. That means he only leveled up his ability ONCE by leveling. In my opinion that’s beyond bad luck :frowning:

Does anyone else had/has this problem? Did you contact the support and if so what was the answer/problem?
I did contact the support but still waiting for an answer.

1 Like

I once thought there had to be something wrong when my dragon didn‘t improve it‘s ability, I had a 40%+ chance every time and until around 2* lvl 25 there was nothing. I got lucky after all this bad luck and it improved it‘s ability twice until 2* lvl 40.
I guess you‘re just extremely unlucky, keep in mind that 40% are only a chance, nothing else, and in addition it‘s below 50%. There were many situations in which I had at least 82% chance of improving the ability of one of my dragons and it would not work.
I guess it could take quite a while until support is getting back to you, since the update caused some troubles.
In addition, there are many levels left until your Toothless is „level-maxed“, there is still a good chance to max the ability if you try to keep the chance of improving the ability as high as possible. Personally I would NEVER feed a dragon with a chance of under 40% - not even 39% - unless it‘s ability is maxed or there are only two levels left until next training.

1 Like

@Bee thanks for the response. I truly hope it’s just bad luck and as i have the final dupe I don’t mind how long it take if he will have maxed ability at the end of the day. But the uncertainty makes me nervous :grimacing:

1 Like

Even though stated there 40% chance, I’m still feel that the chance of improving special abilities is lower than that. :anguished:
Feels upset when you failed the 40% chance in a row and the special abilities remained at same level.

1 Like

@Felix I feel you, but your Toothless improved its ability at least one time, so it‘s not completely „broken“. But the uncertainty is indeed not a good feeling.

@Kiet_Wei I don‘t know how the RNG works, but I have the feeling some days I‘m improving the ability almost every time I‘m leveling, the other almost never.

2 Likes

Once i was randomly leveling dragons just to complete a duty. With 2% chance… twice i leveled the ability. Yup, twice and i laughed.
Yohomie

1 Like