Ludia Forums

Tournament creature didn't unlock

i reached dominator league for the Tsintaosaurus tournament and got the pack when it finished but i haven’t unlocked it in the market

What level are you?

4 Likes

As Andy_wan_kenobi said, it’s dependent on level. This week was a bracketed tournament, meaning that if you were under level 60, you would only get 1 copy from the pack, and not the unlock

6 Likes

Hello, I have just finished the tournament for tsinasaurus, I think it is called. I came 1st in dominator league and I got the pack, but I didn’t unlock the creature. I already reached out to Ludia support for this, but they didn’t answer. Can someone give me a reason to why I didn’t unlock tsinasaurus. I am on iphone

1 Like

Hello, what’s your player level? As this is a Bracketed tournament those below level 60 get just one copy instead of the unlock. Hope that answers your question!

7 Likes

I am level 48

Oh thank you! That is really disappointing though because I got over 3000 trophies but thanks for answering my question.

5 Likes

Wow 3000 cups ? That’s a lot.

I doubt I’ll be able to do that much of cups lol.

4 Likes

Yeah I wanted to be 1st and I started the hour it started. I had like 2900 or something close to that. Does anyone here watch the gaming beaver he was my main inspiration to start playing jw 4-5 years ago. I remember laughing so hard when the guy that says, JUST DO IT!, was put in when beaver was hesitating to buy another indominus Rex.

2 Likes

Is only certain tournaments bracketed?

1 Like

Typically, about 1 tournament every quarter (3 months or so) will be bracketed

3 Likes

Oh! Thank you! Like this week, will a news tab say if it is bracketed or not? I’m guessing so. Sorry for bothering u again I’m just curious if it is bracketed if it will say it in the news tab. Thanks in advance

1 Like

It’s fine. Sometimes I get bored and it’s fun to talk on forums. Usually, a tournament will say something like the divisions in the newsletter.
Here is a picture from this tourney’s newsletter:

(Credit to Aether_12)

Edit: it will also say on the weekly schedule posted on twitter, or usually a forum member will create a topic like “weekly schedule of 1/10/2021”, where they post a screenshot of the twitter schedule post.

Second edit: here’s the link to one of them, where it shows “bracketed tournament.”

5 Likes

Thank you! Also troodon underrated

1 Like

Also if it says locked, does that mean bracketed tournaments are going on?

1 Like

Where are you seeing the “locked”?

Welcome to the forums. Also you might run out of posts as the first day you are on the forum it limits the amount of posts you can make. As others have said bracketed tournaments come around about once a quarter, if you are in the lower bracket you battles are much easier but you are also typically not playing for an unlock. I say typically because sometimes the lower level brackets will be playing for an unlock but it would be to unlock a super rare or standard legendary creature not a tournament creature which is almost always the prize for the upper league.

If you are referring to the market and seeing a message saying the creature is locked that has no bearing on if a bracketed tournament is going on.

A friendly reminder if any event is missing this:
You are only playing for a single copy as any event with out the open lock is a single copy event and any event with the lock open is an unlock of that creature in the market upon opening the pack.

3 Likes

And since you are new to the forums here is a good post with lots of helpful threads nested within it:

3 Likes

The locked waswhat I meant was this

1 Like

That was from what arcanthosaurus said about bracketed tournaments

1 Like

Also thank you for clearing up my questions

1 Like