[Tournament] Jurassic World Alive | Season 2

Season 2

Top Prize Winners
JWA18_Tournament_S2_Top3_FR
Congratulations to all the players who made it into the Top 500 Leaderboard as well as everyone who finished with over 4,250 Trophies!

Overview

• NEW Trophy Setting: Everyone above 4,000 trophies at the beginning of the 2nd Seasonal Tournament will be reset to 4,000 trophies + half of any trophies they had above 4,000 with a maximum possible starting number of 5,000. Players with a trophy count under 4,000 at the beginning of the tournament will not be affected. This new system should help give everyone a fairer start by matchmaking the top players against each other.
    • Example: Player 1 (9,460), Player 2 (5,200), and Player 3 (4,500). Their Trophy count at the start of Season 2 will be as follows: Player 1 (5,000), Player 2 (4,600) and Player 3 (4,250)
    • Important: Once Season 2 goes live, if you’re trophies are not reset, please relaunch your App. Any trophies acquired in battle prior to a reset will not be added to your Tournament score.
  • Dates: October 1st to October 22nd
  • Guaranteed Prize: Brachiosaurus DNA
  • Important note: There will not be another inaugural gift sent out at the start of Season Two, as Season One was the inaugural tournament.

Regular PVP rules apply

• Everyone is part of the matchmaking pool for the Tournament based on the current PvP matchmaking rules except for flagged cheaters.
    • see “Cheaters in the Tournament” for details.
  • During the Tournament, regular PvP rules will apply to individual battles.
  • Use your team of 8 dinos you created in your roster.
  • Use 4 randomly chosen creatures from your team of 8 for each battle.
  • Defeat 3 of your opponent’s creatures to win each match.
  • Gain trophies when you win to increase your rank.
  • When 2 or more players have the same score on the Leaderboard, the tie-breaker will be time-based; the first one to have scored points will receive the advantage in rank.

Cheaters in the Tournament

• Cheaters have been removed from the Leaderboard. For more information on Cheating and Consequences, please see the following section of the forum:
  • Furthermore, flagged cheaters will no longer be paired with non-flagged cheaters in PvP battle.

Season 2 Leaderboard

• Outside the cap (maximum) at the beginning of the tournament (see “Overview” for details), the Leaderboard will have no trophy cap.
  • Seasonal Leaderboard shows the top 500 players throughout the Tournament.
  • Leaderboard freezes at the end of the tournament to determine winners.

Rewards

• Prizes awarded based on ranking at leaderboard freeze.
    • If a player is in the middle of a battle when the Season ends, the result will not affect your standings.
  • Please allow several days for winners notification.
  • Please look for an in-game mail to collect your prize.

Prize List for Tournament Season 2

• Along with the new trophy reset system (see above), we’ve also updated our tournament prize tiers! Finishing the tournament with only 250 trophies above Season 2’s starting point (4,000 trophies) will guarantee you an epic incubator and Brachiosaurus DNA and acquiring 500 to 750 more trophies will guarantee you even bigger prizes!

first ha xd

If the matchup system is not fixed this will be so much fun.

Insert sarcasm gif here

@Jorge

Do we get an incubator if we reset to 4k trophies?

Also why has the last prize been made higher to 4250 rather than 4k?

Also what about the 2 account bug?

oh boy…

another ‘tournament’.

Can’t wait to get my epic incubator for not taking part and not reaching 4,250+. :+1:

Gnna need to spend lots more money!

That’s the point…!

Bracchiosaurus :face_vomiting:

Will prizes announced match prizes distributed time? @Jorge

Better start saving up on 12 and 24 hour incubators so I can sit out the bloodbath for the first few days :joy:

Wish they would allow us to opt out of tournament and create a separate pool for people who just battle to fill incubator spots.

Just opened a 24 hr one today :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Good to hear some news!

Also giving you a virtual thumbs up for the new trophy reset system with “half the trophies above 4000”, I had some similar thoughts myself.

There is an issue that kind of worries me. The prize list for tournament season 1 ended up being different from what was announced (particularly for places 11-50). Although it didn’t affect me, I am hopeful this time all the prizes will be exactly what was announced and there will be no last minute changes to the prize list after the tournament ends.

@Jorge I believe there is a problem in this sentence :joy: I don’t want to be paired against flagged cheater and I don’t care about non flagged cheaters !

Not that keen on more Tournament. Totally burned myself out last time. Self inflicted nobody elses problem. Good luck to everyone.

The change to pairing for flagged players might make pvp more fun for us non flagged. Non cheaters.

to clarify cheaters will not be paired with everyone else

Exactly how are people cheating?

Always happy for more reasons to actually battle. the 4 slot limit is … well, limiting. Anyway, not thrilled with an increase to bottom tier reward requirements, it won’t affect me bc of my current trophy count but I still think they are too high. They are pricing out a large chunk of the player base but there’s nothing I can do about it, short of this post I guess.

Also, the reset is still a terrible idea as it prices out Alanqa even more, the goal should be to encourage new Dino’s to be used, not lock them in brackets that only 100 or so people are in after battling a whole month.

Those are my only real critisms. I’m fine with the rest of the rules/requirements.

People used fake gps locators to artificially move around the world to collect rare DNA in bulk. They were removed from prize pool in tournament 1 but left in the arena to claim trophies. Now they are removed from both

It’s bad enough that half your epic dna is a Stygimoloch in every epic incubator but now that’s also the only epic i get from defeating 10 dinosaurs daily. PvP has even gotten worse since the update, what are you guys doing over there?

A new glitch i’ve noticed is the faster dinosaur icon is sometimes on both or the wrong one, which affects my decision and when mine isn’t the actual faster dinosaur i lose. Time for some patching