Tournament/special event creatures

I started playing JWTG a few months back and have reached level 46 in that time. but I’ve noticed there are certain creatures that I just can’t seem to unlock. for example, toujiangosaurus and labyrinthodontia are very low level Dinos, but I must unlock them through a “special event”. I’ve gotten a few of those special event creatures through card packs but I can’t buy them using DNA after I unlock them in a pack, and i never have enough duplicates to max them to level 40. many of these creatures are needed to create hybrids. what event are they referring to and how/when can I complete it so I can buy these creatures with DNA?
Thx

1 Like

Currently you can not unlock certain creatures, like the ones you mention. Getting a creature in a pack does not mean that you have unlocked it. Only if the event or pack has an open lock on the pack will it unlock a creature :unlock:. Most of the permanently locked creatures can be purchased with Amber now in the Amber market, otherwise it is about collecting the creatures from random packs.

7 Likes

I used to have an very old account back when there were Cenozoic rares and had 6 accounts sencies then, it used to be you could unlock everything by doing the campaign, but Ludia decided to change it, after I lost my sixth account I have diced to stop playing.

1 Like

You could originally get all the creatures in the battle stage. But then Ludia changed it. We now need to unlock a lot creatures in the events to create certain hybirds.

3 Likes

Labyrinthodontia, as opposed to Tuojiangosaurus, does have unlock events every now and then, but they’re only available for low levels, so you’ll have to wait for a common unlock week, which allows players level 35+