Tournament struggles

So I finished the amargasaurus tournament in the dominator league, that was my first ever tournament where I actually tried to get the top reward, this morning I started the albertasaurus tournament and it was noticeably harder I just don’t have the Dinos to keep going against other Dinos with 2000+ or 3000+ health and insane attack stats, my top Dino’s rn are lvl 20 indom, lvl 40 rex gen 2, and then 2 more indoms both lvl 10, I’m lvl 61

3 Likes

Not enough, last one was bracketed spo it was easier, this is not one, so I think that if you want to win, add tapejalocephalus, monostegatops and diplosuchus, they all are super useful in dominator

2 Likes

I’d suggest you battle it out in the pred and sneak into dom . But my question is where are your pteros , amphibs and herbs ? You mentioned 4 creatures that are actually good enough to fight but they can’t do it alone. Carnivores need pteros and herbs need amphibs to make successful teams.

3 Likes

Has been discussed and debated ad nauseam all over the forum but in a nut shell for tournaments you want a combination of quality and quantity. Depending on your lineup can also dictate what team building strategies may work best for you.

If you are lacking dino’s and if you are willing to accept some losses here and there it is possible to win with a mixed team of dinos in the lvl 10 VIP range. Some matchup luck here doesn’t hurt but it is possible to put up trophies this way.

Example of a pretty decent low level team that I would use.

Lvl 30 Therizino, lvl 10 Presto or lvl 40 legendary amphib, in the last spot you could test your luck with a fodder carno or use something in the lvl 40 legendary or lvl 10 VIP range. If you go with a fodder at the end and are able to pull out some wins that would save you using carnos and could then build a similar team going High health Ptero, lvl 40 legendary, or lvl 10 VIP carno, to make best use of your available dinos, then last dino amphib fodder and possibly pull out some wins.

You certainly won’t win them all and some matchups will be DOA and you just quit to save your time ( could still get lucky with the 3atk 1 reserve pattern but it’s very hit or miss anymore). But either way you should get some favorable match ups here and there to squeak out a few extra trophies.

good luck

2 Likes

Hello and first of all welcome to the forums @ShoppingCart308 !

Normal tournaments are actually winnable, however you need to get a good spot in Predator and on the last day, do a climb to Dom. The good news is from Prey - Hunter you don’t have to use your top creatures or even touch level 40 Super Rares ( based on expierience).

Post some screen shots of the top of your line up.

From d1s game. My amphibian was a little stronger than a lvl 40 legendary but not much. This is in bottom of dom.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the difference between bracketed and normal tournament. Is the bracketed one easier or harder?

1 Like

Bracketed tournaments are tournaments suited for your level, its just that in Dom for 60+ the matches are easier than normal tourneys

1 Like

How did u get that kinda stuff? In my dom, i tried really hard on the first day, and in dom i had to fight against a lvl 13 yudon….

2 Likes

Yeha but you always get 40 trophee and even 40 legend might pop up making your battle easier

1 Like

If you don’t have enough depth in your team to charge deep into dom it’s best to hover on the line between pred and dom. This battle was in the high 80s or low 90s of dom. You are more likely to get easier matchups at the bottom.

Again they will be hit or miss. We had plenty of hard ones, one that stands out in my head was a lvl 20 gorgo and a lvl 35 ptero VIP on the same team, lost that one but only because it took 5 hits to KO the gorgo, if not for that would have won.

Either way, like i’ve said before, winning with low level teams and anything but a sure thing, but if you are struggling to get more trophies it is worth a shot as every win adds up.

1 Like