Ludia Forums

Tourney Must-Haves and Must Nots | CR Tourney 10/9/20-10/12.20

Welcome to the first installment of the must haves and must nots series. Today we’ll be going over the best and worst creatures for this tourney.

MUST HAVES

DRACOREX

With incredible stats, a solid kit, and a nasty swap in, this creature has seen use in just about every team. It functions great in any role and is actually beating just about every class what with that Instant Charge.

NASUTOCERATOPS

With as much health as Dracorex, an equally terrifying kit, and a nasty resistance, the last survivor of the old ceratopsians is as much of a pain to deal with as Dracorex is.

MARSUPIAL LION

You all knew this would come. With the ability to effectivly 2HKO most creatures, it is the ultimate tank buster and is awesome this tourney

HANDY PICKS

Here are a few creatures that work well. The CR meta is pretty balanced, so I’ll go over the highlights

VELOCIRAPTOR

It doesn’t look good on paper, but Pounce makes it an incredible closer

ORNITHOMIMUS

The best revenge killer in this meta, the R&R is desvastating on this creature.

SPINOSAURUS

An awesome closer, it excels at destroying resilients.

KELENKEN

1700 ATK with raking claws is incredibly, and has plenty of survivability for a speedster

MUST NOTS

The worst creatures to put on your team, use only if you must

DEINONYCHUS

Velo without the damage output. It has more survivability, but that doesn’t help when it only has 2850 HP and 1150 ATK.

EINIOSAURUS

With only 1x multipliers, low life, and low attack, it doesn’t perform well at all.

DRACOREX G2

While at first it looks awesome, SIS is a one time use as its life is abysmal compared to it’s speed.

Note: Just because a creature is in a bad ranking doesn’t mean you can’t use it. It’s your team, so do what you want with it

And that’s it for épisode 1. Please let me know if you’d like this to continue.

4 Likes

Thanks for this, always fun to read these types of write ups.

2 Likes

thanks, but what about epics…

2 Likes

This was for this weekends tourney, as the meta is different for each ruleset. I’ll also only cover skill tourneys as advantage tourneys are advantage tourneys

2 Likes

Doedicurus is really fun, mostly the animation lol
I can FEEL those tail slaps

3 Likes

You forgot elasmotherium. That thing is killing fierce, resilients, and 2-shotting most cunnings. 2nd to Lion

3 Likes

The sound of the swipes is stuck in my head. But it’s a good creature, so I hear it all the time

2 Likes

I love that thing lol

1 Like

His little scream when he shields is great while his cheeks jiggle

2 Likes

It’s good,’but I’ve be sidelining g a lot of them really fast. This was coming from personal experience and this was the first episode so I’m a bit new to this

1 Like

I would try taking elasmo out again. It’s a brute. It kills dimetrodon, spino (unless it swaps, which it does usually), thr tyrannosaurs, titanoboa, every cunning, dsung, and giraffititan. Marsupial Lion is its bane

2 Likes

Sloth power!

1 Like

The sloth can be extremely annoying if you don’t have a good counter for it. Another surprisingly good creature, it beats Draco unless you go for fierce strike first turn against it. Gorgo was one of the most clutch creatures in my battles yesterday and helped me get top 2500.

1 Like

Like I said, just becuase a creature doesn’t take the list doesn’t mean it’s viable. I was only going over the ones that purely dominate this tourney

1 Like

I feel like spino should have decel immunity, that would make It actually good against tanks

On the contrary, if you slow it, it can then swap out while the tank (like elasmo or doedic) cannot. This is especially devastating with trike or nasuto

Moschops is also a must have, as it counters kelenken easily.

Kelenken isn’t super common tho and sidelined by resilient meta. There are so many better resilients to use

Moschops is good, but not necessary. Doedic does just as well, but takes less damage

Should I carry on with this series?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters