Ludia Forums

Toxicity starts with Fairness

Can I have a conversation with someone in power that is not power hungry, AND(very key word) That has reasonable listening skills. Not one that is my way or else type of mentality?

3 Likes

I’m Listening…

2 Likes

I am here to listen, but you got mods or community managers, and that’s it in these parts at the moment; in terms of getting responses.

4 Likes

For a year now, I have seen many players and alliances get berated, harrassed and discriminated against and nothing gets done. Meanwhile someone drops a meme, gif and somewhat sensible message that they deemed trolling. And they get the instant ban. (Well 24 hours etc.) This is part of the toxicity that happens on these forums. I’m not saying to not moderate. But banning mundane crap when you have much more severe problems going on seems more like a power hungry group than one that wants to clean up the toxicity themselves. All its doing is angering players because half of them cant even have a conversation anymore without a moderator being down there throats

8 Likes

Okay, I can empathize with that stance. Would you say it’s getting better?

We try very hard to prevent bullying in the forums but there are other rules, rules I know feel overbearing but that need to be enforced for various legal and or policy reasons.

3 Likes

I would say the harrassement is getting better. But the banning of mundane crap has gotten a hell of a lot worse. I watched some one actually give some what decent advice. Only for the post to be deemed trolling(by a mod). For whatever reason other than too maybe “look” good on paper.

2 Likes

Well as the guy who reviews moderation actions I can tell you I don’t care how many of you they warn or ban in a day. There is no quota and no agenda other than enforcing the rules.

Each mod is reviewed weekly to make sure they are in-line with each other and enforcing the rules correctly. I hope this insight helps.

1 Like

I had a post removed because I capitalized 4 words in a giant paragraph to emphasize the importance of those words. A few weeks ago. This is the type of crap that will make people not want to even converse on the forums. How can you make the place better if theres know one to make it better for. Enforcing rules? Or simply enforcing there way to looking good? Because it sure does not seem like they want to enforce rules.

1 Like

If you want a personal review of your profile that’s something I can do, but I won’t speak to specifics in the open forums.

1 Like

I dont really care about myself. I did not come here for myself. I came here for the betterment of the environment, you(mods) are suppose to “provide”. The environment I can say really has not gotten better. Being able to converse has actually gotten worse overall. Since they are so trigger happy now a days.

2 Likes

You guys have banned my boyfriend 2 or 3 times over nothing. One time it was for using all caps in a sentence. Its getting ridiculous and you guys need to chill out

2 Likes

After my last ban (3rd one), I’m almost afraid to even comment on a thread for fear that it will result in yet another ban. If it wasn’t for the forum features that let me pick up reading a thread where I left off, I’d be tempted to just log out and stay logged out.

3 Likes

So what I am hearing is the rules aren’t making sense?

1 Like

And I’m pretty sure, I could get hundreds that would say nearly the same thing as the above 2 posts. Banning over minisculing things when theres a bigger problem at hand.

1 Like

I mean would a post being remo ed for 4 capital lettered words in a 200 word message. Ever make sense to you?

3 Likes

And like I said I did not come here for myself. I came here for others. I come on here rarely now because all it does is cause me headaches.

3 Likes

Well, we don’t want to make it difficult, but the rules, as far as I can see, are fairly clear.

What I will do is have a broader conversation with all the moderators about them see what we can do.

As I said earlier, some of them seem overbearing but they are there for good reasons.

1 Like

I think a good first step would be to be to teach the mods to stop and think before going with a knee jerk reaction and banning someone.

There are of course times when an immediate ban is warranted, like posting of x-rated photos. But in most cases, if the mods actually stopped and thought about it, and maybe talked to each other to figure out the intent, a ban would be found to be completely unnecessary.

3 Likes

This^ or simply be able to talk to the community that warrants the bannings and such. I just think loosening up is a good thing for everyone. Makes the mods feel less stressed out. And allows us to not have fear to talk

Well us mods are slowing going crazy, would not say stressed out though.

Levity aside, if we don’t allow you guys to name and shame we’d be pretty hypocritical to do that to rule-breakers would we not? Most offenses (exceptions being mass spamming, threats, etc) do get 1-2 warning first. Warnings and bans take 3 months to expire, the more you have the longer we ban you for. These are all described in a DM or email with a link to whatever the offense was.

I will seriously have a meeting with the mods though about rule enforcement, just not gonna say when so that the forums don’t go up in flames during our collective absence.

1 Like