Traditional Apex vs elite Unique

I completely understand that the traditional unique dinos have attributes that fit their class. That said, it’s really not fair that we have all of these unique dinos with multiple classes or wildcards - the variety of attributes gives them the advantage over the non-hybrid unique dinos. This is why that Hadros/Cera nerf was so crappy. Based on the new dinos coming in they could have left the meta as is and some folks would have gravitated away to the new apex and others would hang tight. I really think Ludia should revisit each apex and tweak. Add a little speed to gorgo (or another instant move), damage to Hydra etc. Haast gets instant without delay. I would revert Hadros/Cera damage nerfs. I think this has to be on the list for Ludia and it would make the game so much more compelling with the variability in higher attribute unique versus hybrid foes. (Feel free to sell all the premium apex incubators you want after you do this Ludia)

2 Likes

Apex creatures should be the most powerful creatures in the game but they been nerf to much

8 Likes

The Apexes don’t need buffs.
Skoona, Phorax, etc need nerfs.

7 Likes

I would say that they should buff morty and maybe give a little buff to haast and ref. And then nerf op creatures like prex, skoona etc.

1 Like

Agreed. Even with massive buffs many apexes wouldn’t be viable. You could give magnus 1700 damage but it would still be worse than it’s unique counterparts. What’s the point of a 1700 damage swap in when you can’t run like mrhino, or h2h like phorex, or break shields on the swap like parathops. Same goes for hadros, it’s too overshadowed by skoona. Every apex except vasilas and probably ankylos lux would feel weak even with big buffs simply because of how cracked some of the newer uniques are

1 Like

I agree to some extent that apexes need to be improved however I think they just need a slightly wider variety of moves

You are the first person ever that said skoona is balanced.

I also wouldnt hype Albertospinos to much.
No good turn 1 and a bleed swap in??? In a meta full of half or full bleed immunity hybrids?
I have more hope for both of the raking couter users to be useful. But Ankylo Lux will be a whole ne problem (if the stats arent super trashy).

3 Likes

Bruh Skoona is actually counterable Mortem eats it allive so does Indotaurus

1 Like

yea but same problem with the deer. Swap into anti Fierce creature and watch Morty die a horrible death

If Skoonasaurus Faces a Mortem, it will simply swap to SRG3

2 Likes

lol great minds

2 Likes

Some Apex need a buff if only because the more recent uniques were made too strong. The Apexes were nerfed to be balanced in a meta that no longer exists.

1 Like

skoona and phorax are just fine

2 Likes

No that is not why they are bad nerfs. They were bad nerfs, because they waited until everybody had them leveled to 30 and fully boosted, before nerfing them as well as doing it to the only good firece creature in Mort.
We thought it was OK because they had implied there would be a boost reset, but guess what. Nope. So our time to express outrage is now gone as well as full boost on three Apex creatures that are subpar in the final pvp environment.
I am not sure the product is trustworthy, because you never know what will be nerfed, and it is very clear the game is unbalanced.

1 Like

IIRC the cera rationalization for the nerf was that its utilization was “unbalanced”. You build an apex to lvl 30 and it takes almost a year (48 weeks or so). There was a significant investment in the dino regardless of whether someone threw a ton of boosts into it. While ludia definitely bases many of its changes on increasing revenue, I don’t think they nerfed for the reason you stated.

You obviously have never played this game before.

1 Like

Right on, which I alluded to as well. Either poor planning or intended chaos.

1 Like

I believe this is likely “I have invested heavily in these dinos please don’t nerf them” bias.

2 Likes

Or more like “I have never played this game before” bias.

1 Like

Feel free to do a survey of the top 500 teams, and you will notice that the unbalance is constant and deliberate. The few times when things were balanced and more than 12 creatures had a high usage on the top teams, Ludia would quickly nerf up to half of the top creature and then promptly introduce new ones that were better, without doing anything for balancing of the many unique and now Apex creatures that sit in people’s inventory like paperweights.
This has been a rinse and repeat cycle.
Do it once, accidental. Do it twice, My eye is on you. Do it more times, It is part of their strategy. The goal post are not stable and the product is not trustworthy,

3 Likes