Ludia Forums

Transferring game - Android

One of my kids has made quite a lot of progress and made some purchases on this game on his Android tablet. Unfortunately the screen broke the other day, and I’m looking for a way to transfer his progress and purchases. He doesn’t have Facebook so no linked account. Is there any way to retrieve / transfer the data from his broken tablet?

Hey there, @Paul_Brownnutt, I’m sorry to hear that this happened! Our support team would be glad to do what they can to try and recover the data so reach out to them at support+forums@ludia.com. If you can, include your child’s support key in the email as that would help speed up the process!

Hello, something similar happened to me just a few days ago. I was transferring all the information from one ipad to another as the first one was no longer usable, and I lost all my progress as well as all the money I spent in game. I don’t have Facebook so I cant get it back on my own. Could I get some help too please?

Hey there, @CynderSparks, I’m sorry to hear that this has happened! In order to help you get your account back, reach out to our support team at support+forums@ludia.com. If you can remember what your old support key was, be sure to include it in the email!