Trebax speed buff?

Over the time Apex creatures have been getting more buffs due to them having a lack of usability, currently all apex fit in a nice niche, mortem came back strong, but ref also coming to the rise, which is a nice counter to mortem. Hydra is just a monster with only ankylux or other big tanks being able to destroy it. Trebax kinda sits in a spot where it doesn’t have much use because of all these other Dino’s, yes it may pose a threat to mortem, but against hydra and ref, even haast, it no longer is viable but previously was. Giving it a
speed buff or some sort of buff to withstand their hits would be amazing. For it being the first pure cunning apex, it’s kinda disappointing for it be the slowest pure cunning out there, standing at 113 speed. So with all that being said, I believe a rebalance to trebax should be done. Yes i know I do currently have him built, which may lean to the biased side of this topic but to be fair I believe plenty of players feel the same way

Not the slowest
The giant sloths say hello
However I do think that trebax deserves a big speed buff

2 Likes

I have never understood why trebax is so slow, especially when it can be slowed too.

Sadly it has become almost useless now unless fully boosted and even then rarely beats much

2 Likes

Definitely, without speed boosts it is utterly useless, almost everything in the arena is faster than it.

1 Like

But Sloths have instant camouflage, and also immune to speed reduction, and have counter-attacks to back it up…

Gorgo need its speed at minimum 122 I think.

Edit: and at least 50% slow resistant. :person_facepalming:t2:‍:female_sign:

1 Like

I wouldn’t say it is useless but it is riskier to use than before 2.14. It is still great against indotaurus and scorpios rex gen 3 which are in almost every single team. Does the job against mortem rex that are back in fashion and dispatch most monolorhino in 2 turns (even though their usage is dropping). It struggles against the big resilient as designed. It is good against albertospinos as well, not many around but usage is increasing in the upper arenas. It went from worst apex to best apex to not great (I still think it is above haast maximus but that might be because I haven’t seen any around since the small buff).

1 Like

Now that I have Ankylos Lux, Gorgotrebax was the one I would replace in playing a full Apex team, much because of its slow speed. It speed-up only puts it at like 126 or 127? If they even increased the speed-up move to double this, 20%, it would be a little more viable.

I personally believe a speed buff or at least a cautious impact buff where it can take 2 attacks other then 1 attack

2 Likes

Trebax is still pretty good but for me but I do think it needs a speed buff, perhaps 120-122

I think the biggest reason it has such low speed is that its health makes up for it, being tied with Koolasuchus Gen 2 for the highest health of any pure cunning (Refrenantem is now 1st with its recent buff). I think the speed should still be increased though seeing that Refrenantem now has both more health and speed than Trebax. Something around 118-125 would help it out.

2 Likes

Honestly I feel like its fine because it has such high HP (refre probably needs to be put down to 4500 in fairness) and it hits so hard I feel like it helps make it balanced, also remember that it can speed itself up a lot.

2 Likes

Yes I do agree with you that trebax has some good moves and it’s hp is good…. But Ref has a monstrous health pool, has a better speed, and better moves to counter it, at least giving trebax speed will help it out somewhat