Ludia Forums

Trophies Clarification

Can anyone explain why when I beat someone 300 points higher in trophies I only gain 22, while if I lose to the same person I lose 36, but then if I win/lose against someone similar to my ranking it’s closer to 30 both ways? Seems completely random and unfair.

1 Like

Ya honestly it doesn’t

Right, but that doesn’t actually happen. And even the comparing team strength doesn’t work because they always have way stronger teams, higher level, boosts, everything, naturally. I win via strategy and luck. Think their equations need some work.

1 Like

I’m in Arena 11, Lockwood Library if that matters.

1 Like

Hmmm it might. You should talk to one of their representatives so they can explain it to u or clarify

If you are looking on trophies displayed under recent opponents it’s not neccessary right. Most likely its their high score of the season displayed. Can be lower than that.

1 Like

It’s been a long time since I’ve made it a reason to never get an answer to that question. Ludia must think we’re too stupid to understand her mathematical formula :wink: A customer service “manager” even went so far as to claim that there was no formula before my insistence to know the real rule… In short, I suspect above all that this one is not reliable or still has random elements. When there’s a lot of -50’s, they never admitted some bugs. We are therefore getting used to this lack of transparency, which also reduces the credibility of the ranking. Returning to the trophy only system remains, in my opinion, the one and only formula that works and has proved its worth.

Yeah I’m not holding out hope for an answer from them, nor do I really care, it’s just curious and kinda bugs me how illogical and unfair it is losing a lot of points to someone ranked higher than you, and I hoped the community would know why. I had assumed matchmaking and trophies gained/lost were based on highest trophy attained that season, which would be the fair thing, but maybe not? Highest I attained was 5188, and I’m always matched with 5300-5400, who have much stronger teams, and never sub 5100, that’s why I assumed it was based on max trophies attained. But then the trophy rewards don’t make sense. And unless they’re dropping on purpose, there’s no way teams like those can lose enough naturally to be that far below me to account for that.

It’s all just so much BS ugh

1 Like

Hence why people boycott the arena altogether and just entertain other elements of the game.

1 Like