Ludia Forums

Trying to Reset my game

Hey all I have been thinking about upgrading my account to VIP status but I wanted to reset my entire game to a new account. I sent Ludia a message with my support key asking for the reset and I also emailed the support team for the very same thing. Its been roughly since Friday and still nothing. I don’t know if they can help me out or what but I’d would very much like to play it as a VIP member. thanks

Name of the account is Kalidor but email and support key I can’t give over the forums.

J

Hey Kalidor, our team would be happy to assist you further with this once they see your ticket.

Hello Ned i thought sending an email to support was my help ticket? Am i not sending to the right email?

That’s correct! If you had contacted our team through the in-game support or email at support+forums@ludia.com, our team would receive your ticket all the same.

Sorry if I caused any confusion. :sweat_smile:

Nice!!
Muito bom o jogo , espero conseguir avançar e ter uma boa experiência.

Translated From Portuguese

Nice!!
Very good the game, I hope to get ahead and have a good experience.

Unfortunately, our forums are currently only in English, we have gone ahead and translated your post using Google Translate. Please remember to include an English translation going forward.

Ok good to know but i sent to both email support and in game message to support. Nothing yet.

OK so ive been waiting to refresh my account so I can start fresh with a VIP account because I am going into a night time job and ill have nothing to pass the time besides watch the clock literally. Unfortunately Ludia doesn’t seem to value my time or my effort OR my money. Money that could have gone to a subscription and judging by the many other angry posts by the public and even those that already are VIP I am not going to be valued that much better. So much for nothing. Uninstalling game and deleting account* k thx bye.