Ludia Forums

Tupandactylus Teaser

Also, JWTG seems to be preparing for the Lovely Week ahead…

On a side note, the Battle Menu show some events of next week as well. It appears that there’s a Rare Unlock Week coming next, along with Dunkleosteus as the Aquatic Unlock for next week.

6 Likes

Damn the teaser is awesome.

3 Likes

Let’s compare.

7 Likes

Agreed.

10 tupans

3 Likes

I’ll call him “Panda”. :panda_face:

4 Likes

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: is a good idea

2 Likes

Pandadactlylus

4 Likes

The Dragon Warrior is arriving. :dragon:

2 Likes

All of the current pterosaurs are high ferocity, so tupan might be a lower ferocity but cheaper creature, maybe, we shall see.

5 Likes

Tupan is basically the Brazilian Thor…

1 Like

Must be a strong relative to Tupuxuara. Both in names and the skulls. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

the name is derived from a tribe … Tupi…

Tupuxuara is a genus of large, crested, toothless pterodactyloid pterosaur. The genus was named and described by Alexander Kellner and Diógenes de Almeida Campos in 1988. The type species is Tupuxuara longicristatus . The genus name refers to a familiar spirit from the mythology of the Tupi. The specific name means “long-crested” in Latin.

Tupandactylus (meaning “Tupan finger”, in reference to the Tupi thunder god) is a genus of tapejarid pterodactyloid pterosaur from the Early Cretaceous Crato Formation of Brazil. It is notable for its large cranial crest, composed partly of bone and partly of soft tissue. The genus Tupandactylus possibly contains two species, both bearing differently sized/shaped crests that may have been used to signal and display for other Tupandactylus , much as toucans use their bright bills to signal to one another. Tupandactylus crests consisted of a semicircular crest over the snout, and in the case of the type species T. imperator , a bony prong which extended back behind the head. A second species, T. navigans , lacked this prong, and had a much more vertical crest. Soft tissue impressions also show that the small bony crests were extended by a much larger structure made of a keratinous material. The complete crest of T. navigans rose in a sharp, sail-like “dome” high above the rest of the skull.

5 Likes

Wow that is brain nourishing. :clap::clap: Then they are named after the same mythological figure, interesting. That keratinous material should be light in weight otherwise they wouldn’t have been able to fly around with an heavy crest above their head. :grin: Prehistoric animals are so charming, I wish I could have the chance being there to observe them in nature. And most probably would be eaten after, but ok. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

But what will it ever be. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Perhaps we’re getting a dimorphodon gen 2 and can get tupandactylus

1 Like

Do you know it wouldn’t be a bad idea?
Could do the Dimodactylus which is on Jurassic World Alive.

Yes but as i said we need dimorphodon gen 2 first

1 Like

You’re right and I really hope it comes out.

I also hope for koolabourgania and geminititan.

Here my fanmade stats

Koolasuchus gen 2
1605 health
570 attack
Rarity basal legendary

Arambourgigania
1700 health
1100 attack

Koolabourgania
2800 health
2300 attack

Geminititan