Ludia Forums

Two types of players

Is there a third/fourth option for being largely raid focused? Because that’s definitely me

1 Like

I am mix of both but going more into direction of player 2

I’m player 2 personally and have always preached don’t always do what is easy. I just finished 2 months of farming Diplo in sanctuary to get my geminititan to L30. The work is rewarded in the end. Player 1 always comes into here and complains when their procerathomimus gets the nerf it finally deserves. They will be returning when sarcorixis gets whacked. I lover how Ludia went after the nitro thors by making them pretty much useless in raids with the speeds. I have actually read post from people complaining about their nitro thors and raids. That just cracks me up LOL!

1 Like

I’m just saying from the title of the thread that’s what I first thought of before I read the post.

But I’m option 3. No boost applied to arena team :muscle:

2 Likes

Tried that. Got fed up with all the monster thors, indos and monolos in aviary. Now I basically have a crutch dino, but my win and loss rate is about what it was before.

2 Likes

That’s how the game is designed. They make it so you always feel you must buy more boost to get ahead.

I just keep losing until I win lol. Sometimes I have win streaks and sometimes I don’t. Sometimes I may lose like 5 battles before I win. I don’t care. As long as the incs get filled and the battles count for the missions.

1 Like

haven’t bought boosts since before boosts 2.0 became a thing.
and i was gonna boost my stuff, just ended up doing it before i originally planned.

3 Likes

I agree with the long game option (but im a bit of a cheapskate inn terms of boost buying so there is that lol), plus with the option 3 casual route you wont take the game too seriously and put yourself in a stressful emotional situation!

However its not really possible to say ahead of time which you will be, because if you find the game massively enjoyable it will be difficult to be casual as you will wanna play it constantly, time permitting.

That being said, real life comes first and foremost, never sacrifice real life and mental wellbeing for any game, its not worth it. As with everything in life, take gaming in moderation!

2 Likes

I don’t buy them. The game gives me all I need boost wise for free. Casual play for me will always be the way to go. It’s more enjoyable than racing into the endgame as quickly as possible.

I maybe in a lucky position because I play the game a lot. I get all my daily missions done before work each morning, I play as I walk along, on my breaks, and when playing on the computer. It doesn’t run my life though but it is a big part of it. Especially being largely housebound during our lockdown.

Absolutely. I can’t agree more. You can enjoy the game but you have to make time for yourself and your real world essentials.

3 Likes

Which player is this? Their Thor one shot my whole team. The only move I got in was cloak :laughing:

3 Likes

How fast was it? Also is your team unboosted? If so I’m not surprised it all got one shotted

1 Like

player 2, slow and sure. f2p player here.

2 Likes

I’m pretty much a player 2 type person. If that player 2 hangs in and manages to max out his whole team, player 1 doesn’t stand a chance. So respect to player 2.

1 Like

I focus on collecting all dinos, then I level them over build requirements and add boosts for raids only. I still use some of my boosted raid dinos on my arena team, but arena and tourney aren’t something im overly concerned with.

And if player 2 gets two of his dinos nerfed? Then he needs to start all over again but since player one already has those at 30 when one of them gets nerfed he will have resources saved up to replace it and by the time player one maxes out his whole team (we are talking a year give or take a little). Player one already has his battle team so he can either focus on raid dinos and get apexes before player 2 or he can decide to focus on tourneys and get tons of rewards for super high rank or he can start building an endgame team and player one doesn’t have a bad endgame team top 500 players have used monometrodon I’ve heard indominus make it to shores quetz is a top 50 players dino suchotator essentially functions as his thyla thor is a top 500 dino and rixis is formidable draco is ok it would be better if it was rhino but it’s still strong only weak link is indoraptor which is replaceable

1 Like

not nessecarily. depends on what each player originally focused on in their bench. player 1 could’ve ignored anything that wasn’t helpful in leveling their team while player 2 could’ve just as easily kept up his bench to be roughly equal with his arena team.

got an arena team that’s pretty similar to player 2’s in terms of level, but my bench has almost all of my unlocked uniques within 2 levels of my arena team and banked dna. if anything on my arena team gets nerfed, i’ve got a replacement pretty much ready.

1 Like

Well do you think you could continue that once your arena team reaches say level 27 where it’s 100,000 gold each level?

probably. as long as i keep banking the dna on my bench.

It just seems player 2s coins are really divided whereas player 1 has a tournament team a nublar shores team and can just stockpile stuff