Ludia Forums

Tyrannosaurus Rex Health Buff

It’s hard to argue against the fact that the mascot of the franchise needs a little bit of TLC. Maybe a health buff to 4700 for both GENs of T. rex would give it the added bulk needed to survive a few key matchups in the Epic Tournaments. After all, it is the Tyrant Lizard King and the most heavily built of all theropods.

6 Likes

They should give Rex Persistent Ferocious Strike. Because its a T Rex.

3 Likes

Honestly Rex is fine for me. Problem is that an Allosaurus is much stronger…

6 Likes

If gorgosaurus has ferocious strike, why can’t Trex? lol

1 Like

agreed, there shouldn’t really be a reason that an Allosaurus performs better than a T. rex as a chomper

4 Likes

That is an interesting comment @Starlinger27. What makes you say that?

I agree & then some. The The Tyrant Lizard King has alway been under powered in portrayal. It was disappointing in JW The Game & now again in JW alive. It started almost a century ago with
holllywood & King Kong & such. Aside from the Jurassic movie franchise doing a couple justice’s for it. Nothing has reallly changed much anywhere, not even here in JW Alive. I wont even recommend specific improvements. Just this… it’s supposed to be a freakin T-Rex. SO GIVE ME A FREAKING T-REX. Or try. A T-Rex is a one of a kind and these just aren’t. They can start there and I would be happy. And I feelvalot of others would too. That’s not asking much.

2 Likes

Well, Allosaurus (specifically gen 2) performs way better than trex because of it’s moveset and has more bulk and speed than Trex. Can cleanse, and rend, while taking some good hits and still being able to do that

4 Likes

You meant Gen 2. That makes sense. I thought you meant the original.

2 Likes

The tyrannosaurus is well balanced, the problem is that the game does not give it the glory it deserves.

We could ask for an exclusive Epic version of the original Tyrannosaurus, with abilities like Swap In Rampage and Ferocius Impact.

1 Like

A 100%. Rex is the king of the dinosaurs and on top of that, possibly the most important creature in the Jurassic franchise. It just seems like its status in the game doesn’t command the same respect it should…

I actually have a few ideas for an endgame viable Rex variant, will share them with the forum soon

1 Like

excellent, it is about time that ludia of a little glory to the non-hybrids

1 Like

I wish they would do the same thing they did with the goat on April fools with the trex… imagine it they did a Legendary version of trex with better moves, or a Unique version

1 Like

its legendary version would have the abilities: Ferocious Impact, Instant Rampage and Swap in Devastation (damage x 1), it would have less damage but it would be much more versatile than the Epic version.

1 Like

I’d still love to see a legendary or unique Rexy in the game. We have Blue so why not her? :t_rex:

3 Likes

Rexy

Rarity: Legendary

Statistics

Damage: 1900
Life: 4800
Speed: 102
Critical Strike: 30%
Armor: 0%

Skills

• Defense Shattering Strike

• Ready to Crush

• Instant Rampage

• Defense Shattering Rampage

Passive

Swap in Definitive Strike

Rexy is an improved version of Baryonyx and T rex, it compensates the slowness of both with Instant Rampage, the high points of life will allow you to survive long enough to use Ready To Crush, in addition, it gains the exchange ability of Dracorex, which works better thanks to its high natural damage.

1 Like

This rex terrorises me in the Library every now and then… it can deal!

1 Like

I always thought that Rex was pretty fast but it’s one of the slowest dinos in the game. Why is that? I get why apatosaurus is slow, but why Rex?

Because it at one point it had the highest damage of all creatures period ( this was before most hybrids and damage increasing moves were even in game ) making it so slow balanced out it’s originally high hp and damage.