Ludia Forums

Umoonasaurus Tournament

This week’s Tournament creature is Umoonasaurus! He’s a reef creature and the stats are not bad

I’m afraid to see your positions
Good luck to all of you :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Ugh…It’s a 4 day tournament again!
What do you think : Is the tournament jurassic or aquatic?
If it’s aqua , I’ll have to skip it

I believe it’s Jurassic.
Good luck to those who wish to participate. 3 of these 4 day long tournaments in a row (Metriaphodon, Archleon and Nodosaurus) were my limit, and i need a brake so i’ll skip this one to focus on other events. Umoon does not really interest me as Archleon and Henodus (specially Henodus) solved the Reef problem i used to have.

1 Like

I like Umoonasaurus much more than Archelon and Henondus, so I’m looking forward to the tournament, after missing Suchodus, Metriaphodon and Archelon :confused:
But the Nodosaurus Tournament succes motivates me to finishthis tournament in dominator :slight_smile:
Edit: I got Archelon at the gold prize in the lottery , some days aftwr it’s tournament, so it’s not a problem that I missed the tournament

Be aware though that the Dominator finish also unlocks it for purchase in addition to giving you one in the pack…particularly important for hybrid making. Not so when you get one in the lottery. This one isn’t part of a hybrid but Archelon is, so having it gives you some more choices for which to use for different purposes.

1 Like

I definitly agree with that, but please understand:
When there was Archelon Tournament , my creatures were too weak to finish a 4 day tournament in Dominator , but 2 weeks after it I have a lvl.20 Rajastega , a lvl.20 Diplosuchus, my lvl.10 Cerazinosaurus , a lvl.30 Metrialong and a lvl.40 Rexy, which I hadn’t since the Archelon Tournament and in Nodosaurus Tournament , they all were important to finish in Dominator…I meant, that I’m happy that I got it in the lottery, because I couldn’t finish the Tournament…I actually don’t need to unlock Archelon, because it’s way to expensive for me to make a lvl.40 Archelon… Megarchelon would be too overpowert for my aquatic team (my best is a lvl.40 Kaiwhekea) and I concentrate to make my land creatures stronger, sso that it’s no more problem for me to finish in Dominator :wink:

That’s fine…your post seemed to equate winning it through the tournament the same as the lottery so just wanted to be sure you knew the difference (or any other newbie that comes across it).

2 Likes

Not to mention, at the moment. This one isn’t used to make a hybrid, but who knows? It could be used to make one in the future. So ultimately, getting it now could save you a lot in the long run.

And besides, it is a useful aquatic all and all. And I say this one is certainly worth getting.

1 Like

@anon90631418 a rule of caution I give to anyone that is solely focused on one section of the game (like only focusing on Jurassic) is you can ignore any part of the game but do so at your own peril. Meaning this or the next tournament might be Jurassic events but the one after might be a Cenozoic or Aquatic and it might be to unlock a creature that you really want. Having a solid tournament team in all areas is how you insure whatever Ludia throws at us you are ready to fight.

6 Likes

What would you consider a solid tournament team to be ?

For Jurassic, multiple squads, at least 10, that are between a level 40 legendary and a level 20 VIP, well balanced among all four classes

Of course, this assumes that there aren’t any Rarity or Class Restrictions…

1 Like

For some people, it takes lots of self-control not to level up even when you can. Four level 20s is better than one single level 40. By this strategy, if Ludia ever turns tourneys into high scoring competitions between actual players, those with deep squads will easily beat those with the level 40 duperhybrids and what not.

3 Likes

@Andy_wan_kenobi is spot on, for me level 20 VIP’s (or equivalent rarity and level type) with in any group, Jurassic, Aquatic, or Cenozoic, and you need depth.

For 4day Jurassic tournaments with no restrictions you need to be able to do 450-500 points a day to land in Dominator if you are getting around 30-34 points per win you will need to do approximately 14-16 battles a day which means either straight or in waves as creatures cool down. So depending on cool downs you could have 5 teams of 3 if you can run them through 3 battles a day, or 7-8 teams of 3 if you only run them through 2 times, or 14-16 teams of 3 if you want to do it in one shot. This also assumes you do not lose any battles. So depending on your play style will determine how you would want to set up the bare minimum to compete in Dominator.

1 Like

So here’s my first data

1 Like

I know that, but aquas and Cenos are more Expensive than Jurassics and a lot of aquatics and some Cenos are more expensive but much weaker than Jurassics…so I don’t want to waste my DNA for something , that’s not worth it!

Thanks for the info guys. My team is currently just a ton of level 30 legendaries a few VIPs and some hybrids. I’ve been thinking about how to move ahead without complicating PvE too much and I think I can transition smoothly enough now.

1 Like

For me, it’s been two issues. First the considerably longer hatch times also makes it much harder to build these other teams. And for me, much of my team building has been based on getting VIP dinos from the 10K packs and the cenos are poorly represented and do not seem to come up as much. Compared to what I have on aquatics and Jurassics, it’s a paltry number. Since the vast majority of tournaments are Jurassic, and they come up often enough in the 10K packs, and the hybrids also can fill in the gaps easily, it made the most sense for me to completely focus on those first, but now that I can comfortably finish in Dominator there, I am putting more attention on the other two now.

2 Likes

At last somebody, who knows what I mean :slight_smile:
I also don’t like that Cenos and aquas need more hatch time than Jurassics…and there are so much more Jurassic hybrids, which are much stronger than aquatics

2 Likes

The Legendary Ceno and Aquas are the main issue for me. They take nearly as long as a tournament creature :rage:

2 Likes

For Aquatics and Cenozoics, traditionally your lineups don’t have to be as robust. ’

Level 20 tournament and level 10 VIP and level 30 Legendaries can be of great benefit in Aquatic tournaments. From what I can tell, the most recent Aquatic Tournament was Segnosaurus in April.

The previous Cenozoic tournaments (Gillicus in April and Tupuxuara in May) required lineups on par with a Jurassic tournament, but did not require near the number of trophies a Jurassic one does. During that tournament, I fielded six teams that I thought had a reasonable chance of winning. I probably averaged 3 wins per run with two runs/day and easily finished at the top of Dominator.

1 Like